GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maskari_GTI's Build Thread .. K04 INSIDE!

tman1

Ready to race!
Sure, no worries, lets meet up somewhere we can swap it out. May I try out the carbonio?
Also Most probably going to be putting in the DP on friday though. (atleast I'm going to try, LOL!)

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Traced the TBE to see any possibility of a loose connection and found one. Didn't get time to fix the connection so probably sometime this week.

I replaced my engine oil today and once I started the engine, the engine started shaking! I got worried that I immediately switched it off. I then started the engine again and it kept shaking :(

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
30th January 2013

Replaced my OEM spark plugs with NGK's "PFRZB Double Platinum" plugs. Car feels smooth at idle and acceleration. I checked the gap before installing and all were good (0.028").

Nice car, clean mods.. And I totally understand you about the shipping, everytime I'm so glad when I can join a GB so that including the shipping I pay about the same as American standard price..

Unitronic has dealers over there or you had your ECU shipped?

On your dyno sheet it says K04 with Meth but you didn't mention it on your mod list..

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Nice car, clean mods.. And I totally understand you about the shipping, everytime I'm so glad when I can join a GB so that including the shipping I pay about the same as American standard price..

Unitronic has dealers over there or you had your ECU shipped?

On your dyno sheet it says K04 with Meth but you didn't mention it on your mod list..

Thanks for the kind words sir :thumbsup:

Well its something I won't be able to change :( I recently bought the trunk parcel tray and shipping alone was $85!

There's a dealer in my neighboring country (Tensai Tuning, UAE) which is just a 4-5hours drive. So i did mine there. Awesome guys :thumbup:

Regarding the WMI, I just didn't want to mention it but I guess that I'll add it to my mod's list in the 1st page now.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Thought of sharing a pic :D

rsz_2rsz_1photo.jpg

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Nothing much going on ATM but I secured my self one awesome deal. I got a good set of Cayene calipers + braided lines = CHEAP :D

They were on a MKV GTI and the owner wanted to get rid of the set as it has been in his garage for sometime. A paint job is a must and I've got an idea on what colour to paint the calipers ...

swlstcyr

Passed Driver's Ed
My car's been having a really rough idle the last couple months too :( To the point where my interior shakes and rattles when im in park! Where do I measure when I replace them? (0.028").? Great mods on your car man!! Your photos are stunning

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
My car's been having a really rough idle the last couple months too :( To the point where my interior shakes and rattles when im in park! Where do I measure when I replace them? (0.028").? Great mods on your car man!! Your photos are stunning

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:
I used a feeler gauge to measure the spark plugs gap and they all were good except one that I had to slightly re-gap.
Have you scanned your car (VAGCOM)?

swlstcyr

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks buddy :thumbsup:
I used a feeler gauge to measure the spark plugs gap and they all were good except one that I had to slightly re-gap.
Have you scanned your car (VAGCOM)?

oh ok.. I don't have a feeler gauge. My car was scanned at a dealership and they replaced my coil pack because I was gettin misfires which is common I think. But just recently its got the rough idle.. I'm gunna just replace the 4 spark plugs I think.. Although ive always found vw's have pretty rough idles to begin with.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
oh ok.. I don't have a feeler gauge. My car was scanned at a dealership and they replaced my coil pack because I was gettin misfires which is common I think. But just recently its got the rough idle.. I'm gunna just replace the 4 spark plugs I think.. Although ive always found vw's have pretty rough idles to begin with.

What mod have you got so far? Those stupid coilpacks works fine in some cars, and shit in other. A friend is on Revo Stage 2 tune and had no issues with his coilpacks where the other has the same tune and mods, but replaced his coilpacks to R8 after having a misfiring issues.

swlstcyr

Passed Driver's Ed
What mod have you got so far? Those stupid coilpacks works fine in some cars, and shit in other. A friend is on Revo Stage 2 tune and had no issues with his coilpacks where the other has the same tune and mods, but replaced his coilpacks to R8 after having a misfiring issues.

Right now I'm full apr intake with a stage 1 tune. I guess sum just get lucky with coils packs. I can't really complain tho since the car has 80,000 kms! havnt had any other issues really :) How do you like the k04?

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Right now I'm full apr intake with a stage 1 tune. I guess sum just get lucky with coils packs. I can't really complain tho since the car has 80,000 kms! havnt had any other issues really :) How do you like the k04?

Sometimes those small things makes us hate the car!

Well K04 is awesome. Puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. That's enough for me power-wise and time to concentrate on suspension and handling mods now.