GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

TheMadChemist

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting rid of the gray and blue under the hood was one of the first things I did lol. Definitely be careful when removing the center gray piece. I definitely almost broke it getting it out. Got my spark plugs changed out and intake fixed last night. Car feels much more responsive. Used to kind of lag from a standstill. That's now gone.only issue I had was with the damn coil wire clips... the second coil clip was like "nope hell with u I'm not releasing". Ended up braking the damn tab.. overall that is the simplest spark plug job I've ever done . Nice having all 4 right on top of the motor

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
DV+ or DV relocation kits are known to solve the whistle issue. I had the whistle with my carbonio, but once I got the DV+ it was totally gone.
Damn it! I don't want to spend any more money on this car!

ManofVoice

Ready to race!

zrickety

The Fixer
I like the whistle...

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Has anyone experienced a turn signal bulb stuck in the on position even with the car turned off? The forum is pointing to CECM replacement. Any other ideas to try before I replace the module?

Guess I should have waited another week before buying my new intake [emoji23]

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Would anyone be interested in a stage 1 and 2 carbonio intake? I'm thinking about moving to an new intake and would prefer a local sale. PM me for details!

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting rid of the gray and blue under the hood was one of the first things I did lol. Definitely be careful when removing the center gray piece. I definitely almost broke it getting it out. Got my spark plugs changed out and intake fixed last night. Car feels much more responsive. Used to kind of lag from a standstill. That's now gone.only issue I had was with the damn coil wire clips... the second coil clip was like "nope hell with u I'm not releasing". Ended up braking the damn tab.. overall that is the simplest spark plug job I've ever done . Nice having all 4 right on top of the motor

I broke two last week and replaced them. Not hard if you have the wire terminal tool. Picked one up at Autozone for $14 and the new connectors from ECS.

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
Need recommendations on a good wheel alignment shop in the Roswell, Alpharetta area. Anyone but Butler I've been burned by them in the past and think their overrated.

ericwood311

Ready to race!
Need recommendations on a good wheel alignment shop in the Roswell, Alpharetta area. Anyone but Butler I've been burned by them in the past and think their overrated.

I agree about Butler. They charge extra for lowered vehicles and didn't even adjust things because they were in the green, yet they were barely in the green. I recently went to Jim Ellis VW in Kennesaw and I had a much better experience. They also have specials on their website: http://www.jimellisvwatlanta.com/specials/service.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree about Butler. They charge extra for lowered vehicles and didn't even adjust things because they were in the green, yet they were barely in the green. I recently went to Jim Ellis VW in Kennesaw and I had a much better experience. They also have specials on their website: http://www.jimellisvwatlanta.com/specials/service.htm

I had a lowered G35 a couple of years ago and went to Butler twice to get it driving in a straight line. Paid too much and they never really got it correct. I've always used Grand Turismo in Chamblee but don't have the time to go down there. Heard some good things about Christian Brothers off State Bridge. Going to try them Monday morning.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Not exactly Alpharetta, but if you're willing to go up to exit 13, Scott's Auto Center did a good job with my alignment. Got it aligned probably a year ago after I got the DG springs put on. Made sure to tell them it was lower than stock, they said not a problem. Had my PSS summer tires rotated a couple of days ago after (a way too long) 7k miles, and the Costco tire dude said the tire wear was perfectly even on all four tires....

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
Not exactly Alpharetta, but if you're willing to go up to exit 13, Scott's Auto Center did a good job with my alignment. Got it aligned probably a year ago after I got the DG springs put on. Made sure to tell them it was lower than stock, they said not a problem. Had my PSS summer tires rotated a couple of days ago after (a way too long) 7k miles, and the Costco tire dude said the tire wear was perfectly even on all four tires....

Thanks. I'm not lowered steering wheel looks a little crooked to me. When I get it where it's straight the car goes left. It's not bad and my wife thinks I'm being to anal but it bothers me.

ericwood311

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'm not lowered steering wheel looks a little crooked to me. When I get it where it's straight the car goes left. It's not bad and my wife thinks I'm being to anal but it bothers me.

Sounds like the perfect time to lower your car to me [emoji106]

Seahawk

Howdy, new owner of a 2013 GTI - just installed some Depo LED's, and want to code away the bulb-out code. Any VAG owners in the Roswell/Alpharetta area? Willing to throw beer and small bills. (Starting to sound like my bachelor party.)