GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid install of K04 - need some help

smokey24

Ready to race!
Yep krazy. Put a nut on and the put another nut on and tight it to the 1st nut and then keep turning clockwise and it will thread in the stud. Same thing with taking a stud out but this time u put a wrench on the bottom nut and turn counter clock wise and stud will come out. Than vacuume piece is the grey ome right? With the black clip? Squeeze it on those rough tabs then use other hand a n d kind of wiggle it and pull out. Some are stuck on a little but ahould come right out. Wiggleing it should break it up a little and should come off. Make sure u squeeze the piece enough so it clears the edge tho.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Wow this job sucked a lot. I ran into three big headaches... Just finished thirty minutes ago and preliminary test drive shows an oil leak. I believe it's coming from the oil supply like to the turbo. Glad I didn't put the heat shield back on. Gonna do it in the am...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

smokey24

Ready to race!
Thats sucks. Myself amd someone else took off my ko4 and put it back on. Wasnt that heat shield held by a triple squared? Or 1 of them? I thought it was on my car. Could be wrong. I was lucky enough to have no leaks either time but we ran into a few headaches. Luckily my buddy chad is well versed with figuring out problems and the 2 of us together got it easily done. Im sure u did but u did put a washer on both sodes of the banjos right? 2 washers for each banjo? Just wanted to make sure?

Your gonna really enjoy the added power. I drove mime for 3 days before I got it tuned. Ran good of course I didnt really hit full throttle but no pinging or detonation with stage 2 tune.

What tuner are u going with?

smokey24

Ready to race!
I am very jealous of your garage man. Fűcker lol. I do not have a garage or shop at my house. Hopefully ome day tho. Looks big and spacious.

Giac has an extreme file coming out next month. :)
Gonna blow the other tunes out of the water. :)
It will be great for track runs and drags. Or watermeth and all the time but I only use race mode on the track.

Good luck with fixing oil leak

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Thats sucks. Myself amd someone else took off my ko4 and put it back on. Wasnt that heat shield held by a triple squared? Or 1 of them? I thought it was on my car. Could be wrong. I was lucky enough to have no leaks either time but we ran into a few headaches. Luckily my buddy chad is well versed with figuring out problems and the 2 of us together got it easily done. Im sure u did but u did put a washer on both sodes of the banjos right? 2 washers for each banjo? Just wanted to make sure?

Your gonna really enjoy the added power. I drove mime for 3 days before I got it tuned. Ran good of course I didnt really hit full throttle but no pinging or detonation with stage 2 tune.

What tuner are u going with?

No, I didn't actually. Didn't realize until this morning. I'm Apr tuned. I wanted to go driver motorsports but couldn't make it work in my time frame.

I am very jealous of your garage man. Fűcker lol. I do not have a garage or shop at my house. Hopefully ome day tho. Looks big and spacious.

Giac has an extreme file coming out next month. :)
Gonna blow the other tunes out of the water. :)
It will be great for track runs and drags. Or watermeth and all the time but I only use race mode on the track.

Good luck with fixing oil leak
That's my friends garage. I'm lucky to have him help me out.

Should have taken it to APTuning for $350 it is sooo worth it

had I known.... I would have.

Damn. Giving me reservations about doing it myself... Did you have help?

I had my buddy. If you are buying new, and you are confident in yourself and taking out a lot of parts, do it. If you are dealing with used parts, I wouldn't do it.

I ran into issues because everything wasn't perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I had my buddy. If you are buying new, and you are confident in yourself and taking out a lot of parts, do it. If you are dealing with used parts, I wouldn't do it.

I ran into issues because everything wasn't perfect.

Used k04 or used car? I'm at 45k miles and probably won't be k04 until after 100k. That's what I'm worried about, mostly haha

butchered by autocorrecr

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Should have taken it to APTuning for $350 it is sooo worth it

believe they're doing free installs on apr k04 kits purchased through them at this time too.

Then add in another $70 for 3 dyno pulls while you're there.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
this is why I have my own lift and all kinds of equipment :laugh: it's such a bitch working on on your back with the car on jackstands

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That sucks you had some issues working with it. What was the total install time?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I would say about 17 hours not including the DV relocate or boost gauge.

This included two separate trips to the hardware/auto stores looking for parts and any small meal breaks that I had.

The trips, downpipe stud, and custom turbo outlet piping sucked the most time out. Putting everything back together was the easy part.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yeah I was right around the 15-16 hour mark my first time.

The second was around 2-2.5.