GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

midline to highline cecm swap

troutjunkie

Hello to all-
Finally coming to the end of my halogen to xenon swap and am hoping to find out if a highline cecm out of a '10 GTI will work in my midline '12 TDI. The numbers are the same as far as 1KO 937 087 F for the '10 GTI and my current cecm reads 1KO 937 086 P. I'd much rather pay $150 to a used part supplier than $577 to my VW dealer, who, by the way, isn't sure what cecm I'd need.
Thanks in advance to your help

VWMat

Passed Driver's Ed
You know you don't need a highline cecm, right? I've done the swap with a midline, works great.

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed

troutjunkie

How did you get your high beams to work? I ran the kufatec harness to the cecm but there are no pins to accept the wires on my midline?
Still can't get the damn leds to fire up either. There was an article in Volksblog that one of you guys referred me to and it talks about wiring the 10 pin to the 12 pin on the kufatec harness but my kufatec harness is empty on pin 12. Please help- I'm dyin' over here...

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed

VWMat

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you get your high beams to work? I ran the kufatec harness to the cecm but there are no pins to accept the wires on my midline?
Still can't get the damn leds to fire up either. There was an article in Volksblog that one of you guys referred me to and it talks about wiring the 10 pin to the 12 pin on the kufatec harness but my kufatec harness is empty on pin 12. Please help- I'm dyin' over here...

I'm sure you're aware that you need to do several different byte changes in vagcom, right? Including high beam shutter active and drls are leds.

troutjunkie

Yes. I have made all of the correct changes in Vag but it's my harness that's the issue.
Thanks to pk440 I now have the proper wiring, just need to get these damn pins out of the harness. I've ordered the de pinning tool and should be good to go once I get it. Thanks you guys for all of your help.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I have made all of the correct changes in Vag but it's my harness that's the issue.
Thanks to pk440 I now have the proper wiring, just need to get these damn pins out of the harness. I've ordered the de pinning tool and should be good to go once I get it. Thanks you guys for all of your help.

Did it work? I'm under the impression that we need the highline cecm to get the leds working as drl's. Also, who is your part supplier that can get you that part for $150!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Okay so I was watching lasthumansgarage's also known as 2013R here on the forums YouTube videos since I was bored and in one of his videos he shows the installation of the led tails and coding. When he went to the 09 central electronics section in vag com it showed he had a cecm ending in 86. I found that weird, since I thought drivers edition gti's came with highlines since they have led xenons. Here is a photo ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426718358.156123.jpg

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
I just checked my cecm through vag com and mine has the same exact part number with the T at the end. So does this mean the LEDs would work once I plug them in with the Kufatec adapters?

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I just checked my cecm through vag com and mine has the same exact part number with the T at the end. So does this mean the LEDs would work once I plug them in with the Kufatec adapters?

Do you know Vdub818 from Glendale? I just coded his xenons last week, and I believe he got the Ed's with LEDs. I don't remember which cecm he got.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Do you know Vdub818 from Glendale? I just coded his xenons last week, and I believe he got the Ed's with LEDs. I don't remember which cecm he got.

No Unfortunately I don't know Vdub818. Eds lights with led work with any cecm I believe, it's just the Oem xenons with led are the ones that are trickier to get functioning properly.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Right, Ed's are plug and play regardless of which CECM. Hmmm...that's interesting about Plac's vagcom screen shot...Was this on his 2013 GTI?

I have yet to hear of anyone getting OEM bixenons with LED's to work 100% without the highline. I have the midline CECM and everything on my lights work great, even high beams, but no LED's. I have it coded for LED's as DRL too...

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Right, Ed's are plug and play regardless of which CECM. Hmmm...that's interesting about Plac's vagcom screen shot...Was this on his 2013 GTI?

I have yet to hear of anyone getting OEM bixenons with LED's to work 100% without the highline. I have the midline CECM and everything on my lights work great, even high beams, but no LED's. I have it coded for LED's as DRL too...

Yeah this was on his 2013 gti that's why I was a bit confused, what adapters do you have? I know the Kufatec adapters have two wires that go to the cecm, but I'm not sure if those are responsible for the led drls.