GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R photo's

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
That front end can't be final, right? The lower front bumper looks like it's from a pep boys body kit. And wouldn't that tow point (or stupid ass front-facing camera) interfere with license plate location for US market versions? It does have that cow catcher look of the mk6 jetta, so I'm probably wrong and this is how it will be in production.

The exhaust definitely looks like it's still in the development phase. The tips end 4" beyond the valence and look like unfinished metal. Having more exhaust exits than cylinder banks/headers seems kind of silly to begin with. It's just more shit to keep clean.

Also, I really don't like the R wheels. They look like RS6 reps. $35k cars deserve their own wheels.

spessx

Ready to race!
Looking better. Hopefully they'll be using the lightweight Aluminum/Carbon body shell from the Hybrid/Electric Golf. That would add up to about 2800lbs! 2800lbs + 276HP might actually make this thing competitive with other players in the AWD hot hatch market!

-s

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
it looks so..... plain.

maybe it's the all black theme, but it just doesnt look "aggressive" enough in this form......plenty of time for production though, could just be mule skin

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I hope the front end mesh is just "camo" or whatever, cos that is really low-rent looking.

Quad tail pipes - may not make it production and if they did, they sure as hell wont look like that.

Rear - I liked it on the normal golf, but those shots don't make it look too good.

Suspension looks sweet, as do the headlights.

tman1

Ready to race!
The front end looks more like what might end up on a GTI.

Then again, lights, exhaust, wheels, front end doesn't look like something they'd parade around even with the Golf now launched. Looks more like a test mule in basic kit. Although I fear that front end on the new GTI.