GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R photo's

TDI110

O_o
That front end can't be final, right? The lower front bumper looks like it's from a pep boys body kit. And wouldn't that tow point (or stupid ass front-facing camera) interfere with license plate location for US market versions? It does have that cow catcher look of the mk6 jetta, so I'm probably wrong and this is how it will be in production.

The exhaust definitely looks like it's still in the development phase. The tips end 4" beyond the valence and look like unfinished metal. Having more exhaust exits than cylinder banks/headers seems kind of silly to begin with. It's just more shit to keep clean.

Also, I really don't like the R wheels. They look like RS6 reps. $35k cars deserve their own wheels.

Don't have to worry about that, you Yanks will get a watered-down version :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Arash007ir

Ready to race!

Sponge cake, no flavor at all.

Just 13 feet of car.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

ick

Ready to race!
fuck those quad tips and that mesh lower grille

Couldn't agree more... have they been taking JDM design courses in Wolfsburg?

ick

Ready to race!
Don't have to worry about that, you Yanks will get a watered-down version :thumbsup:

You mean if we even get it at all. After all, it only took 2 years for the current watered down R to get here.

HellaFlushVWmk6

Ready to race!
Everything looks dumb, but the headlights look sick! AND WHY GET RID OF THE R EXHAUST????????????????????????????????????????

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion

Haha. Point taken. There's seemingly just not much of a market for a US$ 45k+ (so 50k+ w/ VAT?) Golf R in the states. Maybe we'll wise up over here some day. :w00t:

What's really cool to me is that the mk7 R may weigh about what the mk6 GTI does because of the new platform. That's awesome. I drove a Polo GT for the first time in the mountains last week, and it made my GTI kind of feel like a barge. Even my Suzuki 800 rental was a lot of fun even though it probably made 30 hp.

I'll probably buy an R when it comes out here, even if it ends up being this fugly. But, in case VW USA is lurking on the forum, I'd prefer the R drivetrain, steering wheel, and cloth buckets with base Golf everything else for $30k.

Also, I spelled valance wrong before.

Last edited:

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
it looks so..... plain.

maybe it's the all black theme, but it just doesnt look "aggressive" enough in this form......plenty of time for production though, could just be mule skin

...that's what the R has come to. even the mk6 looks like they used the Golf as a starting point and not the GTI as a starting point. The rear end of the mk7 looks like Darth Vader

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
:barf:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
What would be awesome is the Audi supercharged V6 in the golf... I'd rock one.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Without a black headliner???

Don't think so. Volkswagen can be dumb, but not CRAZY.

I think they're playing with our heads.