GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf R Spy Photos

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they made huge improvements over the MKV R imho, due to the turbo and the 4door option. However, the lack of DSG this time, was about the same affect as the lack of MT with the MKV. If they can now get the rest of the package here, and the car is faster AND offerred with a DSG or MT, keep the 4 door option, and price still under $40K, they will do a lot better the next time around.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
they made huge improvements over the MKV R imho, due to the turbo and the 4door option. However, the lack of DSG this time, was about the same affect as the lack of MT with the MKV. If they can now get the rest of the package here, and the car is faster AND offerred with a DSG or MT, keep the 4 door option, and price still under $40K, they will do a lot better the next time around.

I agree.

I would have purchased a MKV R32 had it come in a manual.

Same with the MKVI R, had it come in DSG.

The N/A 3.2 begged to be shifted manually, and the 2.0T with AWD should have had the DSG. I feel that they got it wrong on these models.

Make it an every year model, make it just like the GTI in terms of configurability (2/4 door, manual/DSG) and call it a day.

Then every generation, do a single model year run of 2k units of the Golf RS! :thumbup:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I agree.

I would have purchased a MKV R32 had it come in a manual.

Same with the MKVI R, had it come in DSG.

The N/A 3.2 begged to be shifted manually, and the 2.0T with AWD should have had the DSG. I feel that they got it wrong on these models.

Make it an every year model, make it just like the GTI in terms of configurability (2/4 door, manual/DSG) and call it a day.

Then every generation, do a single model year run of 2k units of the Golf RS! :thumbup:

I feel like that would just be broadening the Golf lineup too much. If the R costs upwards of $35k, how much would an RS be? I really couldn't bring myself to drop $40k on a Golf. I also don't think I could bring myself to drop $40k on a car period, but I think they should release a true sports car if they want to go that crazy with performance. I'd rather have a Golf R with cloth, 250 hp, AWD and fewer options for $30k, but I'm probably in the minority, as I care very little about tech/luxury features as long as the car is comfortable enough.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

manny2206

Ready to race!
Well the new MQB platform looks very promising; exiciting stuff here really... and a 2014 gti with 230bhp and 130 pounds less and a true mechanical diff.... things will get a lot more exiting ;D

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
They have been doing so good at keeping the mk7 secret. I can't wait till the Paris auto show so they can finally unveil them! Couple of weeks and we will see it in the flesh!

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I feel like that would just be broadening the Golf lineup too much. If the R costs upwards of $35k, how much would an RS be? I really couldn't bring myself to drop $40k on a Golf. I also don't think I could bring myself to drop $40k on a car period, but I think they should release a true sports car if they want to go that crazy with performance. I'd rather have a Golf R with cloth, 250 hp, AWD and fewer options for $30k, but I'm probably in the minority, as I care very little about tech/luxury features as long as the car is comfortable enough.

You just stated you weren't their target audience anyway...

I'd buy Golf RS for $45k or so, maybe more, if it was more or less a Golf-shaped TT-RS.

Agreed. Buddy has a TTRS with APR 1.5 tune (primary cat still in, waiting on his downpipe to arrive) and it is insane. Everything I want in a vehicle, but the wrong shape.

At 45k, it'd be 12k less than a base TTRS. They won't make the Golf RS, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 45 base, optioned to 50k.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Supposed leaked animated exterior and interior shots.

autoweek

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
not this shit again, where are the mk VIII spy shots? Mk VII is old news.