GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod Friendly Dealer in Houston

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump^
Still mod friendly? Is Daniel still working there?

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Talk to the guys at European Legacy Motors, they were the ones who helped me identify mod "friendly" service managers.

Though I have to admit, I take my car to Clear Lake VW and have never had an issue with them denying warranty work.

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!!! I'll try that.

Nickelsauce

Talk to the guys at European Legacy Motors, they were the ones who helped me identify mod "friendly" service managers.

Though I have to admit, I take my car to Clear Lake VW and have never had an issue with them denying warranty work.

You have a tune and clear lake VW hasn't denied any warranty work? I have a CPO warranty and have been thinking of getting a tune but worried about losing the warranty.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
You have a tune and clear lake VW hasn't denied any warranty work? I have a CPO warranty and have been thinking of getting a tune but worried about losing the warranty.

Warranty's are not an all or nothing type of thing. If you have a modification that clearly contributed to the cars failure no matter the type they can deny a warranty claim. If you abuse the car you can have warranty claims denied as well.

I have a clearly modified VW, with full intake, downpipe, unibrace, etc. Still have warranty work done at 47K miles. Its all a matter of does the item failure have anything to do with the modifications. A window not rolling/up/down is not a result of a tune so its covered. A turbo that is blown, well they won't cover it because the car is tuned... Intake manifold is covered as they fail on stock cars, see?

Where mod "friendly" comes in is when the repair is questionable as to be casued by the modifications. Then the dealer can go to bat for you with VW Warranty claims and get your grey area items covered. But even they won't help you in certian cases.

kevincharu

Has anyone gotten any names to share of mod friendly service advisors and dealerships to share? Have a possible mechatronics problem.