GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MT Stage 2 GTI vs MT Subaru BRZ

dcpppf

Ready to race!
To make a short story long; on the way home from the golf course tonight a dark blue BRZ was riding my ass. Not sure what all had been done to it. Had a lot of cosmetic mods and definitely some sort of aftermarket exhaust. Any ways he pulled up next to me at a stoplight rocking forwards and backwards so we both gunned it on green. Not even to 60 (hit another light) I was over a car length ahead of him :w00t:

Edit: Maybe this should be moved to the cool story bro thread...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
makes sense :)

McQueen77

Banned
Crazy how much hype an underpowered 2 seater Scion with a bodykit can generate. I realize you're talking about the Subie and not the Scion, but whatever. All Ive heard is that they handle well and are slow as balls. Sweet

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Only a car length at stage 2? So much sad :( maybe I should turn back now.

fwiw, I pulled at least two car lengths at stage two against one. I toyed w/ him for a bit then got on it and pulled. Not even close...

Also, I think a car that feels/handles fantastic is attractive to buyers/drivers. Plus, its rwd.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
It's kinda like how when we lose races we use the "well, but my interior is better" comment..

BRZ guy says "well, mines RWD, so there" .. lol

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
so true.... and then they do a perfect controlled drift around the corner and slow-speed away.... slow or not, its a nice looking car.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I have nothing against the car. It's this guy with a look-at-me exhaust picking fights in the weakest 200 hp on the road. :lol: what a tool!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
For a stock NON-Turbo car that has 200hp, it's 0-60 gets around 6.1 seconds. Not bad, sounds similar to another 200hp car WITH a turbo. Considering the car is designed more on handling, taking sharper turns, and cutting around the roads effortlessly, it's power is very generous. It wasn't designed with only going straight in mind. I have nothing against the car and appreciate a machine that can perform and the BRZ, FR-S, love them or hate them, they perform.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
I have nothing against the car. It's this guy with a look-at-me exhaust picking fights in the weakest 200 hp on the road. :lol: what a tool!

I agree. But I'll race a car I know I should lose to just because. But i won't act like an ass about it. He probably figured you were stock and stock vs stock it's a drivers race.

Not sure why McQueen has all the hate, but I would never drive it because i probably couldn't fit, but i'm sure it's fun to drive. I'd love to slide out of my driveway at least once.

McQueen77

Banned
I agree. But I'll race a car I know I should lose to just because. But i won't act like an ass about it. He probably figured you were stock and stock vs stock it's a drivers race.

Not sure why McQueen has all the hate, but I would never drive it because i probably couldn't fit, but i'm sure it's fun to drive. I'd love to slide out of my driveway at least once.

Hate is a strong word. Its supposed to be some 'sports car' but its anemic in power. That just doesnt excite me

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
something about handling of something, I dunno... it get's confusing.