GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI turned off when i was driving on the highway!!!

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
Its a 2011 VW GTi CCTA at 70kmiles
I was driving my car to go home & just out of nowhere my engine just completely died. I let it roll, i turned the key all the way off for 5sec. & i started it while i was driving & it started driving fine again.
I have noticed it reving a little low.
But could it be my fuel pump going out??
What do yall think it is? Has it happend to anyone yet?
No check engine light or nothing.
I have had the code for the fuel pressure system come on twice couple months back but could it be my fuel pump already.
Please help guys.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Its a 2011 VW GTi CCTA at 70kmiles
I was driving my car to go home & just out of nowhere my engine just completely died. I let it roll, i turned the key all the way off for 5sec. & i started it while i was driving & it started driving fine again.
I have noticed it reving a little low.
But could it be my fuel pump going out??
What do yall think it is? Has it happend to anyone yet?
No check engine light or nothing.
I have had the code for the fuel pressure system come on twice couple months back but could it be my fuel pump already.
Please help guys.

Have you had the fuel system checked out? That code doesn't sound like anything to disregard. Another thing, are you sure your coil packs are good?

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
The battery is ok i know for sure cuz i had just put the yellow optimo battery or what ever its called. I put the audi R8 coilpacks with new spark plugs at 50k miles, so i hope it aint that because i havent got a misfire at all so far.

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive havent had the fuel system checked, if i can i usually try to do everything myself, i try to stay away from the dealer, but i do use vw/audi parts only.

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
I dont know if it goes on limp mode for this reason, but can it shut off or go in limp mode if my car is 1quart low on oil, its the first time it does this.

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
Dang, i know these cars come with the fuel pump inside the tank & also on the motor that rides on the cam. Do i have to replace both?

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Be careful you should NEVER turn the key to the "off" position while driving. When you do this the steering wheel locks. My father had a friend that actually passed away doing that so please be careful.