GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My trunk setup. Another stealth-audio, with a twist.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Not another DIY as there are plenty. Here is my setup though.
Thinking about hiding a SMD strip somewhere in/around the plexiglass box so it lights up.

Last edited:

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Yeah, the big piece is a piece of plywood with a couple of plywood feet on the bottom resting on the tire to support it.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
You raise the whole floor, so it is even with the height of the amps and speakers, right? Its cool, but, I think it would be nice if you could not waste that space. Maybe make some storage pockets out of that area.

Good stuff though.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
The amp and speaker only raised the floor half an inch. Don't think it's worth it to make a half inch pocket. The right side still has the tool kit, and tire under it. I'm not sure where you mean to add the pocket, or storage.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice. Functional and sleek.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Check out the tie-down loops near the seat backs. The floor looks stock height.

It looks sharp. Nice imagination & work. I'd be a little concerned about the strength of the floor (i.e., how well it's braced against the spare tire) if you haul a lot of heavy stuff around. Othwerwise, very cool.

And the plexi is a nice touch too.

I laid on it to test it. 210lbs... Not sure about the plexiglass and grill lol.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i would think the sub would be at the back and not near the seat?? especially with how a subwoofer corner loads inside of a vehicle??

My bet is it would hit deeper and increase in loudness a little just from placement.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
it's an 8". It doesn't hit. It's a little more then OEM Bass.

Clean install though.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
i would think the sub would be at the back and not near the seat?? especially with how a subwoofer corner loads inside of a vehicle??

My bet is it would hit deeper and increase in loudness a little just from placement.

It can only fit in that part of the trunk floor due to how the spare tire sits —*that's why if they are in the floor they are always in that corner.

D Darko

Ready to race!
What speaker cover is that? Does it interfere with the speaker throw? I have the same sub, but I thought Pioneers cover was different...