GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help on a Sub and Amp setup.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Ill keep it short:

- Not completely savvy with this stuff, more mechanically inclined
- Trying to keep the budget low (Less than 600)
- Need a setup that is reliable and wont cause headaches down the road
- Side mount setup preferably
- Bass control knob upfront

Sub Choice: JL Audio 10TW3-D4 @ $239.95
Amp Choice: ... ? (no clue on how to choose an amp)
Side Mount: ... ? (cheapest and cleanest)
Labor: ... ?

Any help is awesome :thumbup:

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
im just going to throw this out there. That sub will fit in one of my underfloor boxes (I don't list it since it requires me to make the box .25" deeper than normal)

Also, if you don't plan on doing any other audio upgrades, there are a lot of good subs for way less. I am a huge fan of the MB Quart RLP254 and the Pioneer TS-SW2501, both run under 100$

Andrewg98

Passed Driver's Ed
Find out the (watts rms) rating on your subwoofer then find an amp that matches or exceeds that. I would suggest a rockford fosgate amplifier, they never overheat, very reliable and most come with a bass knob. Labor is usually around 80-100 bucks not including the wiring you'll need which is maybe another 30-40 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
im just going to throw this out there. That sub will fit in one of my underfloor boxes (I don't list it since it requires me to make the box .25" deeper than normal)

Also, if you don't plan on doing any other audio upgrades, there are a lot of good subs for way less. I am a huge fan of the MB Quart RLP254 and the Pioneer TS-SW2501, both run under 100$

I considered an underfloor boxes but I just feel like I would forget the sub would be there and break it but putting something heavy on top of it. How much would it cost for you to make a sidemount enclosure for MB Quart RLP254 and what would be the best amp for it with a bass control knob.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
the underfloor is well protected by the floor mat. Of the 600+ in use, i have not seen any one damage a sub

side mount for that sub is 275$

that sub is 300 watts rms @ 2 ohm, so any othe these amps wil lfit. I picked ones that can take speaker level input, just to keep your cost low so you dont have to buy a LOC

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67773_Rockford-Fosgate-P500X1BD.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43423_Rockford-Fosgate-PBR500X1.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76304_Alpine-MRV-M500.html

ducsNdubs

Ready to race!
this is what i used...retail is round 700...but i bought all the components used for 400...did the labor myself. you could also do it cheaper without the lc2i and the remote bass knob.

if i recall correctly there was a good deal on that same amp for sale here in the classifieds not to long ago. if you got any questions hit me up.

ducsNdubs

Ready to race!
i followed a thread here for the install of all that and the documentation of many others with a similar set up. seems to be a pretty well paired and sorted set up without dropping crazy money.