GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Don't forget the hellcat and all the awesome stuff Ford is doing too (fiesta st)

Yes! I totally forgot about Ford and Chrysler, outside of GM. Compare the 2005-2010 Charger to the current one...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
So, in replacing the idler and tensioner pulleys I found other things I should probably take care of. Even getting access to this stuff meant removing the SC and its bracket. What a pain.

Anyhow, my alternator sounds like a cricket and the water pump pulley makes all sorts of terrible noises when turning it. So, I will replace those along with the leaky power steering pump.

Alternator is expensive. $185. It is a 130amp one, so I guess that makes sense. Oh well. At least I will know it was all done at this point and I should be good for another decade or so.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
This decade as in 2010-present? If so, agreed. They totally reconstructed Buick for the better, the ATS is a true 3-series ass-kicker, the C7 is incredible, etc...

not to mention a mustang thats actually decent on fuel economy and yet not slow as balls, but for a sports car its not fast, until you tune it.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
not to mention a mustang thats actually decent on fuel economy and yet not slow as balls, but for a sports car its not fast, until you tune it.

I find it funny that they EcoBoosted the Expedition and Navigator

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I find it funny that they EcoBoosted the Expedition and Navigator

and the f150 too, but f150 still serve v8's, i just hope the v8's are optional. the upcoming svt raptor is gonna be a v6 ecoboost too with a 10-speed. yeah they do that for that stupid cafe regulations.

never the less i like my dads 5.4 v8 expedition even though its slower than my yaris, due to weight.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
There is a general car chat thread for this. Take it out of my thread or risk losing those posts.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Im not gonna lie. Im kinda envious of all your bro cars. I want pure power.

You have to trade normalcy for it.

Driving a bro car means being a bro. It is a way of life, bro. Start lifting weights, get shredded, wear tanks, maybe a flat bill hat or seven.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So, in replacing the idler and tensioner pulleys I found other things I should probably take care of. Even getting access to this stuff meant removing the SC and its bracket. What a pain.

Anyhow, my alternator sounds like a cricket and the water pump pulley makes all sorts of terrible noises when turning it. So, I will replace those along with the leaky power steering pump.

Alternator is expensive. $185. It is a 130W one, so I guess that makes sense. Oh well. At least I will know it was all done at this point and I should be good for another decade or so.

Make sure you buy a non remanufactured Alternator... they are shit and break within months of being installed.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Make sure you buy a non remanufactured Alternator... they are shit and break within months of being installed.

Weird. I worked at a Kragen back in the day and sold countless remans with no issues.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Alright, today got the alternator off and the coolant drained and the water pump pulley off. Shitty thing is you are supposed to loosen the bolts to that when the belt is on so the pulley does not turn. However, with the SC on there there is no way to get to the water pump. Taking SC out means no belt. It took about 5 extra mins of messing with the bolts to get one loose and then try to crack another one without tightening the other too much.

Tomorrow I will fully pull off the water pump and then remove the power steering pump, then take all in to buy replacements and not worry about the core charges. There is likely a 1 day wait on the alternator, which is ok. I can get the ps and wp installed and fluids all done and clean up the front of the engine with degreaser as it is filthy from the ps fluid leak getting spun all over it.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
I've had remanufactured alternators without issue...but I guess I've never had a car long enough for it to have an issue. :laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I've had remanufactured alternators without issue...but I guess I've never had a car long enough for it to have an issue. :laugh:

I doubt it will be an issue. They have some sort of guarantee. :iono: