GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new beetle...wow!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Back end looks very sporty. Side profile looks great. Lots of Porsche influence here.

Interior looks fantastic, like something they pulled out of an Audi. I'm impressed.

The front end still looks amazingly stupid, even more so now that it has those stupid LED bling lights. That ruined the front end, makes it look immensely girly.

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
of course the beetle would be equipped with boost/oil temp guages and not a gti.. fml

maybe 2012?

Merelington

Ready to race!
Loads of Porsche influence! Love the interior and rear but as mentioned, still all around girly.

I think once it goes on another diet for the next generation it'll be fantastic!

x_paradoxal_x

Ready to race!
I was just thinking the other day about how the old beetles (pre 1970) looked really cool. I'm blown away, this one looks awesome. It definitely has that old original beetle look. The interior is great looking too. But Really, I cannot see the appeal of this over a GTI. The way I see it, the US gets this new Beetle, the EU gets the Scirocco. I like the Scirocco a lot, but there is no market for it in the US, it is pretty much a two door golf that has been chopped, and americans don't like hatches, they like that gay non-german Jetta.

rcopp

Ready to race!
I like the way they are going with this! I agree with the Porsche influence, and I like it! The rear looks very Panamera-y to me(not a bad thing, I like those).

SilverGTIDave

Passed Driver's Ed
I am proud of VW and I woud like to get a Blue one for the wife so I can make her drive my GTI what an amazing interior makeover!:23:

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
shit. mark my words: this thing is gonna sell like hotcakes. much better tribute to the original design, and the interior is looking good too.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
The interior looks really super nice, compared to the last Beetle's lackluster interior. The steering wheel is remiesient of the Audi R8's in shape.
The front lower bumper is a lot like the Golf and I see some Cayman-esque styling in the back fenders and bumper too.

VW is definitely headed in a good direction, but because people in the US aren't willing to pay for more expensive "non-luxury" brand cars, I think that the engines will all be downsized to 2.0 or under as soon as VAG phases out the 3.2.

Still, the potential for 400+ horsepower in a big-turboed bug is pretty insane.

Last edited:

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Beetle R is on the table as well.... Why does my GTI now feel less and less .. special?