GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New pics of my United Grey Golf mkVI 118TSI DSG

freeman74

Passed Driver's Ed
hi all, just wish to find out,

1) is the unit dim-able?
2) how do you pop out the radio-around? any special tools? I've heard of credit card b4.
3) is there a dual antenna that we need to purchase an adapter to combine them?
4) is it just as easy to do reverse camera?

tks!

Last edited:

H4Y

Unit is neat and looks great.
The steering wheel controls work, volume and advance stations, tracks etc.
Looks really nice, surprised over how OEM it looks.

But does it display values from aircondition/heating and optical parking assistant?

Lemon

Ready to race!
Does your Golf VI DSG comes with the Paddle Shifters that you can play with ??
(Coz I couldn't see it from your picture)

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
hi all, just wish to find out,

1) is the unit dim-able?
2) how do you pop out the radio-around? any special tools? I've heard of credit card b4.
3) is there a dual antenna that we need to purchase an adapter to combine them?
4) is it just as easy to do reverse camera?

tks!

1) Yes the unit can be dimmed
2) I just used pressure but a credit card would do the job
3) There is dual radio antenna
4) I assume the reverse camera would simply plug-in rear of unit as there is a reverse camera icon on selectable inputs

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks really nice, surprised over how OEM it looks.

But does it display values from aircondition/heating and optical parking assistant?

No air cond display on my model (looks different to the one you have pictured) or optical parking assist.

freeman74

Passed Driver's Ed
1) Yes the unit can be dimmed
2) I just used pressure but a credit card would do the job
3) There is dual radio antenna
4) I assume the reverse camera would simply plug-in rear of unit as there is a reverse camera icon on selectable inputs

hi,

1) pressure as in 'hand'? 'screwdriver' ?
2) you mean you purchase a 'dual antenna adapter'?

tks alot!!

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
hi,

1) pressure as in 'hand'? 'screwdriver' ?
2) you mean you purchase a 'dual antenna adapter'?

tks alot!!
1) Yes hand pressure, I didnt want to have the sharp edge of a screwdriver mark the surround. It is held in by plastic pressure clips. It is a bit scary to force the surround but once you "pop" one clip,the rest of the surround will come away easily.

2) Single antenna plug in from factory unit receives am and fm, however there is provision for dual antenna

freeman74

Passed Driver's Ed
1) Yes hand pressure, I didnt want to have the sharp edge of a screwdriver mark the surround. It is held in by plastic pressure clips. It is a bit scary to force the surround but once you "pop" one clip,the rest of the surround will come away easily.

2) Single antenna plug in from factory unit receives am and fm, however there is provision for dual antenna

tks.

btw, where did you install your gps receiver and are you intending to install the rear view camera (challenging!) ?

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a small pocket in the dash above and to the right of the head unit which housed the GPS reciever perfectly.

Rear view camera MAYBE down the track sometime, but I would dare say it would certainly be challenging. The other thing is the VW factory installed rear view camera which sits under the rear VW logo and pops out in reverse is very neat and tidy.

freeman74

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, just wondering if there are any complains on the sound quality of the mic? I've read that there are folks who went on to mod the type of mic and size of hole to get better sound quality.

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, just wondering if there are any complains on the sound quality of the mic? I've read that there are folks who went on to mod the type of mic and size of hole to get better sound quality.

Yes the mic quality could be improved. I find more success with the microphone if I increase the volume, however this is not a fix - it really is hit and miss which is frustrating.

Did other folks have a link to how/where they got the new mics from?

ipcchm

Hi I am new there and order one Mk6 also. I'm just contacted manufacturer for this unit and planning to buy one to replace the standard RC210.

Last edited:

freeman74

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi I am new there and order one Mk6 also. I'm just contacted manufacturer for this unit and planning to buy one to replace the standard RC210.

Hi, do post your experience with us and check if they have upgraded the mic, it appears to be a common issue.