GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing will show on MFD, like not even odometer, speed, time? Am I misunderstanding what you mean?

No. Nothing relating to the radio will be displayed ie track info, phone info/contacts.. everything else works..

Phone contacts can be accessed directly from the head unit..

TALON AE

Ready to race!
Buttons on the steering wheel work, but nothing will show on MFD. The OEM reverse camera for the MK6 will need an adapter to make it work. Another option is to either get a Facelift Scirocco OEM backup camera, or any aftermarket one will do.

Does the steering wheel voice command button happen to queue Siri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone confirm if the factory pop up RVC will work with this HU?
If not, is there a specific adapter that needs installing to make the camera work?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone confirm if the factory pop up RVC will work with this HU?
If not, is there a specific adapter that needs installing to make the camera work?

it will work with adapters. Stock MK6 uses a 26pin connector, but the new gen radio is a MK7 style(MIB2 or RCD330 plus). If you buy the headunit new it should come with 1 yellow AV to MK7 style You only need to go from 26pin to yellow AV (male output)

Something like this.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Does the steering wheel voice command button happen to queue Siri?

Yes, I have the RCD330+ installed and the voice command button brings up Siri when CarPlay is connected and its incredibly useful.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Just order the Plus for 180 shipped, seems like too good of a value to pass up. Now I hope an OEM Rear View Camera pops up in the classifieds. I missed the last one for like 150 and they seem to be like 500-600 new.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Just order the Plus for 180 shipped, seems like too good of a value to pass up. Now I hope an OEM Rear View Camera pops up in the classifieds. I missed the last one for like 150 and they seem to be like 500-600 new.

Why not grab the ones they sell with these? They go on your license plate light and do the job :)

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Why not grab the ones they sell with these? They go on your license plate light and do the job :)

I just want to make sure the picture quality is good most importantly. The emblem ones are definitely "cooler" in my eyes but not $500 cooler. Are there any that people have used and recommend?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
This radio looks great & I'd like one. Before I move forward I wish someone who has already done this would post a how to for us guys challenged by radios & rear view cameras.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
This radio looks great & I'd like one. Before I move forward I wish someone who has already done this would post a how to for us guys challenged by radios & rear view cameras.

Myin should arrive tomorrow. Will try and take some pictures for yall during install. It is super easy

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
You sir are a king!

Not a fluke. Just tried it as well and it works :D

Pluggin & unplugging Battery made it work.

I am very curious as to why this made it work.

Will post a video soon.

OMG that's amazing news! I've been holding off on this until I knew it would work with dynaudio

So you're saying all you had to do in addition to the standard install process is unplugging and plugging the main battery? When did you do this?

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
OMG that's amazing news! I've been holding off on this until I knew it would work with dynaudio

So you're saying all you had to do in addition to the standard install process is unplugging and plugging the main battery? When did you do this?

Yup! I tried it when I posted that. rucheng10 figured it out first.
It was just a quick test as I had to pull the 330 out from another car and put it back.

Ill be getting my radio this weekend and will do some more through testing. Including sound and perhaps see if theres any coding changes that causes it to work.