GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Hate to bump myself but I would like to know if this is an isolated issue or widespread.

Confirmed. AM Radio does not work for me as well. Might have something to do with Adapter? Would ask the seller and see if he has any more info.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Hey there, don't want to rush you or anything, but maybe you can post the video soon?
I ordered the 187B version along with the rgb to cvbs (rca) adapter for the OEM pop up camera. Should be arriving in the next few days.

Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86N2p2cFt0

This is just for removal. if ya need one for installation let me know.
It was super quick, if ya have any questions let us know.

Perhaps this week, I will also do one for the blue camera adapter.

Last edited:

LaRayes

Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86N2p2cFt0

This is just for removal. if ya need one for installation let me know.
It was super quick, if ya have any questions let us know.

Perhaps this week, I will also do one for the blue camera adapter.

Please a video for the adapter installation (power and ground) would be great. Still waiting for my adapter to come in to try the install again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I think the radio install will be no problem for me. My issue is understanding the back up camera installation. To the radio & into the car itself.

bgct9a

Confirmed. AM Radio does not work for me as well. Might have something to do with Adapter? Would ask the seller and see if he has any more info.

When mine finally arrives, I will start messing with the possibility of it being an antenna amplifier issue. The reason I suspect this is because aftermarket radio installs in VW seem to always need the powered antenna adapter. I had a similar issue with an install I did on a friends nissan that the AM didn't work until we installed an antenna amplifier adapter.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Yup! That seemed easy and quick.

It would be great if you could do a video about the installation of the adapter for the OEM pop up camera.

Thanks much buddy.

Please a video for the adapter installation (power and ground) would be great. Still waiting for my adapter to come in to try the install again.

can you post a link to the adapter you bought?

I think the radio install will be no problem for me. My issue is understanding the back up camera installation. To the radio & into the car itself.

Unfortunately, I might not be of much help there as I am in a GLI. So running the wires will be very different.

One thing I do strong suggest is getting something like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...32618349853.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.tNDdau

It will make connecting wires MUCH easier and no need for any splicing.

bgct9a

Update on AM issues:

So I received my HU today and also have terrible AM reception on my Tiguan. I dug around the web and read about the dual antenna system VW uses. The diversity antenna system does a great job at getting the best signal with only OEM HU's which make use of it. There is no real adapter to make it work with aftermarket HU's or this economical market HU. I did notice the adapter that came with this HU just bypasses one antenna all together. The antenna it uses is suppose to be the passive Roof mounted antenna that does work with AM, because the window mounted antenna only does FM. I am going to try to run a powered antenna adapter on it and see if I get increased AM reception. I will post my results either Wednesday or Thursday when i get the adapters.

Unrelated: the ebay listing says this radio has no RDS yet I am getting FM station Data on my display.

LaRayes

can you post a link to the adapter you bought?

Unfortunately, I might not be of much help there as I am in a GLI. So running the wires will be very different.

One thing I do strong suggest is getting something like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...32618349853.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.tNDdau

It will make connecting wires MUCH easier and no need for any splicing.

Thanks for all your help. Please find the link to the adapter I ordered from aliexpress
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32679175449.html

JS12

Ready to race!
Thanks to everyone who found this and provided feedback in this thread! I just got mine delivered from the eBay seller and got it installed without issues in my 2012 Autobahn. The firmware on mine is the latest according to a post a few pages back and I didn't have to disconnect the battery to get it to work with the Dynaudio system. Everything works except for the AM radio which I rarely use.

Note: I do have the plug-and-play upgraded Focal components up front. As for the sound, it's definitely improved via the wired connection vs. Bluetooth. At lower to medium volumes, there's a bit less bass which can be adjusted to similar levels as the old head unit via the EQ. However, at louder volumes, the bass actually picks up and I'm able to play it louder with more clarity and less distortion.

It's only been a couple of hours but overall I'm very happy so far. Having CarPlay may just reduce the itch to sell my car for a while.

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed the 187B version into my mom's 2012 mk6 jetta a few nights ago. It had the Fender audio. Works great, plug and play.