GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nissan's Self Cleaning Car

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
the tech is there, it has been there....i just dont know how cost effective it is at that scale...

pretty neat, you would still need to treat the nano coating like anything else

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Technology wouldnt even begin to hit the market for another 8+ years they said, and even when it does it'll be in High end infinitis etc first. If at all

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Technology wouldnt even begin to hit the market for another 8+ years they said, and even when it does it'll be in High end infinitis etc first. If at all

the tech has been there, but maybe not feasible in a cost effective manner for automotive paint?

I know i have work boots coated with a nano material (it was expensive for a small can) it changes the tone of the leather, but literally works better than that car's paint in terms of repel tech

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
It dramatically changes the look of the paint (unacceptably so for any color other than white, make the paint look like it is dirty all the freaking time) and only works with water-based contamination. They used a commercial product that is freely available to anyone who chooses to use it, there is no innovation there.

It's a lame publicity stunt.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
It dramatically changes the look of the paint (unacceptably so for any color other than white, make the paint look like it is dirty all the freaking time) and only works with water-based contamination. They used a commercial product that is freely available to anyone who chooses to use it, there is no innovation there.

It's a lame publicity stunt.

yep that green stuff in the video is what i used on my work boots, its legit!!

chad13761

Ready to race!
I'd like to see how well it works for a common rain seen here in 'Vegas - 5-seconds of big rain drops immediately followed by a dust storm - leaving little muddy spots all over the car.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
The paint looks oxidized from the get-go, it'll look really shitty after a year. In fact, I don't think the coating would last more than a few months. Also notice that they covered up the glass and lights when applying the coating, it's translucent at best.