GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No acceleration

Gulfcoastbrian

Hello,
I purchased a 2014 Golf R at auction. It is in kinda rough shape under the hood but has a great body and interior. It appears that someone has attempted to start removing the engine for some reason. Has hoses cut and AC crimped. I drove it once for a short distance and it run great. Started noticing it get hot. The radiator hose had a hole. It didn't get real hot though. I stopped immediately. A few weeks later, I went to work on it but battery was dead. Installed new battery and then it would crank right up but wouldn't accelerate at all. It will only go about 2 or 3 miles per hour. Idle speed. Checked spark plugs and the 4th coil pack has no normal residue like the others. Its only firing on 3 cylinders. Can someone p!ease tell me the likely cause. Where should I start with fixing this thing. It only has 60k miles. I know it will make a great car.

Admk2

So they made MK6 R in 2012-13 and mk7 R started in 2015..

So is this a MK6R 2012-13 or new MK7R 2015-19

Scanning for codes would be a start. Fault codes would point to something.

If it's not firing on a cylinder I'd check to see if your injectors are all plugged in and find out if your getting spark in that cylinder from the wire itself.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Gulfcoastbrian

So they made MK6 R in 2012-13 and mk7 R started in 2015..

So is this a MK6R 2012-13 or new MK7R 2015-19

Scanning for codes would be a start. Fault codes would point to something.

If it's not firing on a cylinder I'd check to see if your injectors are all plugged in and find out if your getting spark in that cylinder from the wire itself.
Thanks for the reply. It is an MK6R. I’m gonna go check the fault codes tomorrow. All I have is one of the simple cheap scanners but hopefully it will tell me something.

Gulfcoastbrian

I apologize. It is a 2012. I am attaching a picture of the fault codes that it gave. I really appreciate your responses. Can you please give me a better idea of what to do now that I have the fault codes?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65