GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No one likes the GTI but us!

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm interesting... seems alot of us GTI owners either come from having previously owned a BMW or have cross shopped with BMW in mind... and I thought I was the only one who went from a BMW to the GTI

hpowders

Ready to race!
Hey folks. I am a new poster. Glad to be here!

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I currently drive a 2007 328i sedan. Unfortunately the car is too big and heavy. It has nice luxury features like the dimming mirrors, great sport seats, wonderful radio and firm lumbar support, but it drives like a tank-not much fun at all. The car has the BMW badge but not the BMW heritage.

I have started looking at the 2010 GTI and while I haven't made up my mind completely yet, the car is definitely under consideration.

Last edited:

hpowders

Ready to race!
I went to VW's website for the UK and "built" a GTI. The price after converting British pounds to American dollars came out to $48,000! Over here, virtually the same car is $30,000! Seems we are getting away with murder as VW is selling us the GTI on the cheap!

I also "built" a $41,000 MSRP BMW 328i sedan on BMW's British webpage and it came to $52,000 in American dollars-only $4000 more than the GTI.

Apparently, the GTI seems to be selling as a premium vehicle in the UK.

Another great reason to love the GTI over here! ;)

Awry

Ready to race!
I went to VW's website for the UK and "built" a GTI. The price after converting British pounds to American dollars came out to $48,000! Over here, virtually the same car is $30,000! Seems we are getting away with murder as VW is selling us the GTI on the cheap!

I also "built" a $41,000 MSRP BMW 328i sedan on BMW's British webpage and it came to $52,000 in American dollars-only $4000 more than the GTI.

Apparently, the GTI seems to be selling as a premium vehicle in the UK.

Another great reason to love the GTI over here! ;)

If you want to feel even better go to www.volkswagen.no choose "Bygg din bil" (Build your car) and see the amazing price. Base GTI with no options is little over 78k USD. I just got my 89k USD GTI two days ago. It's still worth it!. :happyanim:

hpowders

Ready to race!
If you want to feel even better go to www.volkswagen.no choose "Bygg din bil" (Build your car) and see the amazing price. Base GTI with no options is little over 78k USD. I just got my 89k USD GTI two days ago. It's still worth it!. :happyanim:

Yes. We have it very good in the USA. In Europe the GTI is obviously priced as a premium car.:)

I hope you are enjoying your incredible GTI! :thumbsup:

path

Ready to race!
Yes. We have it very good in the USA. In Europe the GTI is obviously priced as a premium car.:)

taxes guys, the reason cars cost more in Europe is taxes.

ever heard of VAT? our fearless leaders in Washington DC are thinking about implementing it in the good ol' US of A.

find out where your congressman stands on the VAT, and support whoever is running against him or her...elections have consequences...

blackcat88

lol, you guys are lucky to have the bi-xenon in US. When i got the car, all the girl said "oh its cute!!" and guess for some people who knows about car say? ...... "Oh, its sucks. You got no bi-xenon. what a cheap car?" .. Now that what make you piss

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
Not to get off topic, but I just sold my 335 for a GTI..NO WAY a GTI stage 1 can hang with even a stock 335.

thats your opinion... i know how to use the turbo to my advantage and from a 30 roll i jumped ahead and by the time traffic required us to slow down i was in the same spot. he didnt pull on me at all.

ive also stayed about even with a SRT8 jeep that my friend owns and his words were "wow that thing is pretty quick"

not saying id beat either from a dig because i lose traction like crazy... need drag radials;)

hpowders

Ready to race!

ever heard of VAT? our fearless leaders in Washington DC are thinking about implementing it in the good ol' US of A.

find out where your congressman stands on the VAT, and support whoever is running against him or her...elections have consequences...

Wow! I didn't realize that. So I must assume the VAT was already built into the $48,000 GTI price on the VW UK website.

Looks like the best time to buy a car in the USA happens to be NOW!!

And they wonder why Europe is having trouble coming out of recession?

Last edited:

Nefilim

Ready to race!
I get nothing but compliments for mine.

Everyone likes the rims (18" detroits), girls love the interior.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!

a VAT might be the end of VW here in the US. They've always been on shaky ground with the public in terms of reliability, so if it comes down to buying a 50k VW or 50k Honda/Toyota/Ford/GM/etc you can bet it wont be a VW over here

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
Isn't it nice that we aren't all into Honda's and Toyota's??? Seriously, the most over-rated manufacturers on the planet. Boring ugly designs, and useless interiors.

At least the GTI doesn't look like a box on wheels like the majority of Asian vehicles.

(I hope this stirs the pot lol)

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
Hey folks. I am a new poster. Glad to be here!

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I currently drive a 2007 328i sedan. Unfortunately the car is too big and heavy. It has nice luxury features like the dimming mirrors, great sport seats, wonderful radio and firm lumbar support, but it drives like a tank-not much fun at all. The car has the BMW badge but not the BMW heritage.

I have started looking at the 2010 GTI and while I haven't made up my mind completely yet, the car is definitely under consideration.
Hey HD,

I was inspired to buy the GTI from reading the thread you were involved with at Bimmerfest. I am glad I made the switch...the car is so much more nimble and fun then the 07 328i I traded in for it.

Bender1

Banned
Hey HD,

I was inspired to buy the GTI from reading the thread you were involved with at Bimmerfest. I am glad I made the switch...the car is so much more nimble and fun then the 07 328i I traded in for it.

I love the sound of this considering how much i love my mom's 328 wagon