GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise Pipe Delete/Plug Mod DIY

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Just got an E-Mail from BSH stating their pipes are complete and will be on their website (BSHSpeedshop.com) early this coming week.

:D

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
You were the one that was waiting on it, lol

Errr....it's not that pretty looking, and it's mainly for people who have more mods going on

From what the associate told me, I was under the impression that the entire stalk that leads to the noise pipe would be deleted. I respect it for having a consistent diameter with only one angle, but for $180, I would expect the noise pipe flange to be completely gone! Who says Tiguan Pipe FTW!? :D

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
From what the associate told me, I was under the impression that the entire stalk that leads to the noise pipe would be deleted. I respect it for having a consistent diameter with only one angle, but for $180, I would expect the noise pipe flange to be completely gone! Who says Tiguan Pipe FTW!? :D

Well like I said, it's more for people who plan on doing more mods

Like a DV relocate or water/meth

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm most-likely considering an A.W.E. DV Relocate anyway :D

You do know that that is pretty much unnecessary right?

No one (who has bought one) has ever explained to me why they bought the DV relocate. :iono:

It makes no sense....the stock DV is the best diaphragm one they've made and doesn't usually break...even when tuned.

So if you're paranoid & wanna step it up a notch, just get the OEM "D" version (piston style) for $80 SHIPPED and then it'll never fail. So then you will never need to service the DV...which is the whole purpose of the DV relocate ("better location for servicing")

And the whole aftermarket DV is pointless too (IMO)....it's extra plumbing which = worse throttle response

The Tiguan pipe eliminates the extra plumbing and gives you better throttle response

I'm trying to advise you to spend your money a little wisely, but hey it's your car

<end rant>

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
You do know that that is pretty much unnecessary right?

No one (who has bought one) has ever explained to me why they bought the DV relocate. :iono:

It makes no sense....the stock DV is the best diaphragm one they've made and doesn't usually break...even when tuned.

So if you're paranoid & wanna step it up a notch, just get the OEM "D" version (piston style) for $80 SHIPPED and then it'll never fail. So then you will never need to service the DV...which is the whole purpose of the DV relocate ("better location for servicing")

And the whole aftermarket DV is pointless too (IMO)....it's extra plumbing which = worse throttle response

The Tiguan pipe eliminates the extra plumbing and gives you better throttle response

I'm trying to advise you to spend your money a little wisely, but hey it's your car

<end rant>

Haha, yeah, after deep thought, I realized today, "hey save a hundred bucks and use oem parts, plus a direct fit (without basically any modification), plus etc.--why not go OEM." The relocation is just like leaving in your noise pipe anyway, as far as any gains would go, and I shoudn't ever have to service the DV. So i forfeit that damn BSH product; anyway for a noise pipe delete,I'd be relying on a lousy O-Ring vs virtually no possible leak for the tiguan pipe. I compared the two pretty thoroughly and it's not worth it; sorry guys.. But I'm just babbling on and on like I always do on this forum, so check for my updates from other mods and my tiguan pipe, which will hopefully be in by next week.

Now the place to put my money is an S3 FMIC instead :D
But that's reserved for a different thread, sooo how's everyone else enjoying their Tiguan TB Pipe?! ;)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Haha, yeah, after deep thought, I realized today, "hey save a hundred bucks and use oem parts, plus a direct fit (without basically any modification), plus etc.--why not go OEM." The relocation is just like leaving in your noise pipe anyway, as far as any gains would go, and I shoudn't ever have to service the DV. So i forfeit that damn BSH product; anyway for a noise pipe delete,I'd be relying on a lousy O-Ring vs virtually no possible leak for the tiguan pipe. I compared the two pretty thoroughly and it's not worth it; sorry guys.. But I'm just babbling on and on like I always do on this forum, so check for my updates from other mods and my tiguan pipe, which will hopefully be in by next week.

Now the place to put my money is an S3 FMIC instead :D
But that's reserved for a different thread, sooo how's everyone else enjoying their Tiguan TB Pipe?! ;)

THANK YOU!!!! :thumbsup:

I talked you down from the ledge & saved you a few bucks too, lol
Like I said....if you REALLY want peace of mind (and you're tuned)...get the "D" diverter valve from ECS Tuning for $80 SHIPPED.

Are you chipped yet?
APR is having a sale...that should be your first mod (for power)

Do the Tiguan pipe. S3 intercooler is a great mod too, btw. Add that & a turbo discharge pipe....you just free'd up the air flow after the turbo!

Another nice addition is an intake too & then that's the perfect "Stage 1" car.

Add a downpipe & bam, then you're Stage 2!

-Dozer-

Ready to race!
USP Motorsports can do $112 Shipped.

Is that just for the pipe or the pipe and the block off plate? I can't even find the Tiguan pipe on the USP Motorsports page.

The best price I can find on all 3 pieces is from Keffer VW Parts with the 27% discount code "vortex" as listed on the VWVortex forums.

1K0-145-770-N – Pipe
1K0-971-865-A - Conduit
1K0-971-866-A - Conduit

Total price 147.80 - 27% discount = $107.89 + Shipping ($16 ground for me).

I just wish somebody would find a part number for the stock double hose clip so I could get that as well.