GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
The guy got there and told me there weren't any cable lines on the whole street, despite the fact that I was told that is was set up for my street on the phone Monday. He basically said that if I wanted to get it, they'd have to do construction, feeding the cable wires from the street around the corner through the basements of the buildings.

So what I plan on doing is setting up with ATT U-Verse (internet only) for now and talk to my landlord, since he owns most of the buildings on the street, requesting that he tries to get this done because ATT is more expensive and slower too.

I cut my cable because my new apt only has the bs company called Service Electric. Their programming blows, is expensive as hell, and what pisses me off the most is the hardware blows. I can't get dish (most bang for buck with AWESOME hardware capabilities hopper/sling) due to signal, so I said fuck it. No cable.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
This forum mainly and Rangerpowersports.com when I had my 04' Ranger & 01' Explorer.

Got too many forums to list :laugh:

It was mostly rave boards, music sites, car forums, computer/technical forums, and a few political/international/anthropology forums.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
dafuq?

I sit at home all day and do nothing (except for chores when I don't feel like sitting around anymore)....and I live with my bf. I have a day off every single day of the week.

He's at work actually doing important things, and I'm sitting here doing absolutely nothing. I miss working and paperwork, and social interaction, and computer coding....and stuff :(

Okay, I'm gonna stop complaining now.

What kind of computer coding were you doing?? I thought you sold FIATs??

The guy got there and told me there weren't any cable lines on the whole street, despite the fact that I was told that is was set up for my street on the phone Monday. He basically said that if I wanted to get it, they'd have to do construction, feeding the cable wires from the street around the corner through the basements of the buildings.

So what I plan on doing is setting up with ATT U-Verse (internet only) for now and talk to my landlord, since he owns most of the buildings on the street, requesting that he tries to get this done because ATT is more expensive and slower too.

Does Verizon have service at your location??

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
I cut my cable because my new apt only has the bs company called Service Electric. Their programming blows, is expensive as hell, and what pisses me off the most is the hardware blows. I can't get dish (most bang for buck with AWESOME hardware capabilities hopper/sling) due to signal, so I said fuck it. No cable.

Having the cable was just a perk of the internet package that I wanted. However, the internet needed to be run through the cable wires, but there are none to run it through.

Does Verizon have service at your location??

They do not, more than likely for the same reason Comcast has screwed with me for the past 5 days.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
I've had other jobs before that. It's not like the dealership was my first job.

I figured that it wasn't. I thought you meant that you were doing coding at the dealership.

But what type of coding were you doing??

Having the cable was just a perk of the internet package that I wanted. However, the internet needed to be run through the cable wires, but there are none to run it through.

They do not, more than likely for the same reason Comcast has screwed with me for the past 5 days.

Maybe. Well hopefully you can get something so that you can have internet soon. I take it you are just posting via phone now??

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
I figured that it wasn't. I thought you meant that you were doing coding at the dealership.

But what type of coding were you doing??

Just stupid, simple stuff. I should have said web coding or something. I was always in charge of webpages and stuff for past jobs. HTML/CSS type stuff. Super easy, but it was so therapeutic. Tedious stuff like that makes me happy. It's why I'm so good with paperwork and Excel input and stuff like that.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Just stupid, simple stuff. I should have said web coding or something. I was always in charge of webpages and stuff for past jobs. HTML/CSS type stuff. Super easy, but it was so therapeutic. Tedious stuff like that makes me happy. It's why I'm so good with paperwork and Excel input and stuff like that.

I guess you could say I do a lot of simple tedious stuff here at work and still hit my bonuses every pay period haha

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
It's why I like office work. I can almost always get everything done while improving things at the same time. I always finish waaay before I'm supposed to. The job I had before I started at the dealership was like that for me. I would always end up leaving at 3:30 or 4:00 instead of 5:00 because I would get everything done before it was expected. I guess that's why I took over the office manager position though lol

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

Ahh that makes sense. Webpages can be very fun to do. Especially because you can be creative with them

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
It's why I like office work. I can almost always get everything done while improving things at the same time. I always finish waaay before I'm supposed to. The job I had before I started at the dealership was like that for me. I would always end up leaving at 3:30 or 4:00 instead of 5:00 because I would get everything done before it was expected. I guess that's why I took over the office manager position though lol

Makes sense. I kinda wish I had that luxury. No leaving early for me unfortunatlely

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

That's what I'll be doing at my friend's forthcoming orthodontic practice in the fall of 2014 when he sets up shop here.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Ahh that makes sense. Webpages can be very fun to do. Especially because you can be creative with them

Yup. It was nothing special, just simple stuff. Still kept my brain working and busy/occupied though.

And to know I was getting a paycheck for doing easy stuff like that? Yeah, it was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.