GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 GTI Exhaust Thread

fender177

Ready to race!
Vid of my APR TBE Revving:

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
here's a video I shot of my stock exhaust.. soon to be with ghl catback. Then after that with RAI downpipe..

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Fender, I tried adding your video as well as mine to the original list but it keeps coming up as "Database Error." I know the guys from golfmk6 are performing updates to the website so I'll try this again in another day or so and see if I can get it to work!

gh172

Ready to race!
I've just had the APR RSC fitted and I really love it. The fact that it has zero drone makes it sound and feel more refined during light throttle and cruising. When you open it up it has a lovely growl and awesome DSG farts!!!

fender177

Ready to race!
Fender, I tried adding your video as well as mine to the original list but it keeps coming up as "Database Error." I know the guys from golfmk6 are performing updates to the website so I'll try this again in another day or so and see if I can get it to work!

Weird. Here is the full URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDCuoeuSBQw

I also have a comparison video of stock and APR. I'm going to post soon.

fender177

Ready to race!

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
WOOOOT! I fitted a GHL catback to my 2010 GTI today. The catback, unlike many of the other aftermarket catbacks is a 3 inch STRAIGHT through piece. That means that there is no reducer for stock downpipe (like Magnaflow or AWE). I solved this problem by going to a local muffler shop (Muffler Man) and they made me a 3'' to 2.25'' pipe reducer.

There will be some cutting/fitting/expanding of the reducer to make it fit perfectly and have the exhaust line up with the hangers, but I think it's worth it because of the sound the GHL produces.

Absolutely no drone at all. Only loudness is when there is a cold start, but that only lasts for 30 seconds or so. Should hold me over until my downpipe comes in. :)

It took longer than expected because of the reducer. I had a 3 inch to 2.5 inch adapter made but it wouldn't work so I had to go back to Muffler Man and have them make another one. It was only 7 bucks though. Had it not been for the reducer problems, I could have had the stock catback out and this one in in about an hour or so.

Word(s) of advice.
-Hangers Suck. Ballz. Big time.
-Make sure you have lots of penetrating oil ( ;) )
-Have some of your friends over when installing it. It makes for a much better time.

Enough with the BS.. here's some real evidence. :)

Watch it in HD. It gives better sound!

And some pics..
Stock Catback

IMG_4459 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

GHL Catback

IMG_4460 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

Tips comparison. Hard to tell but GHL is much larger.

IMG_4461 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

All buttoned up.

Lightbox_1329624949573 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

:thumbup::thumbup:GHL

enkay

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^

Sounds awesome =D

cant wait to hear vids when you get the dp as well!!

thanks for the vids!

fender177

Ready to race!
WOOOOT! I fitted a GHL catback to my 2010 GTI today.
Sounds awesome! :thumbsup:
I thought about GHL for a while, but I thought its design would cause drone. That's awesome to hear that it doesn't. Have fun man!

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
^^^

Sounds awesome =D

cant wait to hear vids when you get the dp as well!!

thanks for the vids!

Sounds awesome! :thumbsup:
I thought about GHL for a while, but I thought its design would cause drone. That's awesome to hear that it doesn't. Have fun man!

Thanks guys! Yeah I was really surprised that there was no drone, but we'll find out when I put the downpipe on. On the freeway it's virtually silent which was awesome! I had a few friends in the car yesterday and my friend in the back said it was only loud during cold start, but after that it was pretty quiet..

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^it will drone with the downpipe...its still quiet on the highway, but there is definitely drone...i don't find it bad, but i know a lot of people are very anal about that with the mk6's ...probably due to it being an older crowd than the mk4's and mk5s

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
^^ Lol we'll find out. I don't mind loud cars. All my friends have them so I'm just now joining the crowd.

Here's another video..

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
BUMP! If you have any exhaust questions, post em here! It would prevent a lot of threads from being made.

mully

Ready to race!
I have the neuspeed catback coming tuesday.It should be on by next friday. I will give my opinion then. I listened to a ton of clips but I am sure I will wish I picked a different system. Never fails.