GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John, are you able to share if there's anything else in development for the mk6 platform?

The BT kit is really exciting to hear and if things look right I may look to BT instead of k04.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately can't share too much at this point. What are you looking for that we do not already offer for the MK6 platform?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately can't share too much at this point. What are you looking for that we do not already offer for the MK6 platform?
Time Machine or an FTL Drive plz.

TSINDC

There's quite a bit of information on this forum regarding the reduction of wheel-spin/hop. Nevertheless, it's going to be interesting to see how Unitronic's mk6 BT and software will put down power.

Quite a few K04 users often complain about the wheel spin because of the sudden onset of power, while BT users seem to enjoy the delayed onset of power.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...Merely just regurgitating what I've read

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
There's quite a bit of information on this forum regarding the reduction of wheel-spin/hop. Nevertheless, it's going to be interesting to see how Unitronic's mk6 BT and software will put down power.

Quite a few K04 users often complain about the wheel spin because of the sudden onset of power, while BT users seem to enjoy the delayed onset of power.

when you have a big turbo that doesnt get going until you are higher up in speed/gear there is less chance for wheel hop/spin because you are already moving so much. With the k04 the turbo is still pretty small and get almost all power still low in the 2krpm range(maybe 3krpms max) where as the big turbo is more coming into power around 4k or so.

Also a easy way to reduce wheel chop is get mounts. Motor, trans, and dogbone(with insert of puck for subframe) and you wont get wheel chop anymore.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

A K04 is significantly more responsive than a larger ("big") turbo and as a result, the powerbands are significantly different. Our goal with our Stage 3 BT options is to offer the best combination; quick spool with the ability to support larger power goals. I think folks will be quite happy with what we're putting together!

TSINDC

A K04 is significantly more responsive than a larger ("big") turbo and as a result, the powerbands are significantly different. Our goal with our Stage 3 BT options is to offer the best combination; quick spool with the ability to support larger power goals. I think folks will be quite happy with what we're putting together!

John,

This is really awesome to hear:thumbup:.

I know you cannot give a rough timeline as to when your Stage 3 BT will be released, or even what kind of HP we should expect from your company's new product.

So I'll sit back and be patient, and start setting aside funds for my next purchase. Super excited about the impending release!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Curious has has anyone switched from apr v2.4 stage 1 high tq tune to the unitronic stage 1+ tune. Im getting some occasionally rough shifts with my dsg and some surging at times which seems to have minimized with my dv+

I know the apr tune has about 30ft/lb more torque, but i would rather prefer smoother shifts and no surging while sacrificing the extra tq

Im also looking into possibly getting a dsg tune done (not sure yet ) with the discount you get when doing both it sure is tempting lol

Last edited:

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
John,

This is really awesome to hear:thumbup:.

I know you cannot give a rough timeline as to when your Stage 3 BT will be released, or even what kind of HP we should expect from your company's new product.

So I'll sit back and be patient, and start setting aside funds for my next purchase. Super excited about the impending release!

Hopefully its not the same guy that has been "working " on the datalogging for the Uni connect....

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Hey John, 2 more quick questions regarding Uniconnect+.

Is there any way to download files and use it offline? I ask because of my living situation as there's no way I can get internet access where I park my car and I feel weird parking right up next to a McDonalds or something to jack their WiFi...

Also, I've read previously that when it comes to ECU tunes you offer a couple different files for each stage, i.e. W/M and 100oct files. Is there any list of every file you have available for MK6 GTIs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hopefully its not the same guy that has been "working " on the datalogging for the Uni connect....

jysaw

Ready to race!
I noticed that my dsg fart is softer when in stage 1 & 2 compared to stock. Anyone experience it as well?