GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Vancouver/BC Chat Thread

swfk

Ready to race!
It's time to break it to you guys, this is my car's current state :(

As my gf and I were leaving my house just at the end of the block, I witnessed a man crash a Mazda 3 into the curb, catch some air time and landed.

I get out to check if he is okay, he comes out and starts running towards me clenching fists really angrily. I perceive this as he is going to attack me so I start running, I turn around and he's hopped into my driver's seat and I yell to my gf to get out because he's going to hijack us.

I dove into the passenger seat trying to pull my keys out of the ignition and the man starts punching my head, at this point some great civilians passing by try to yank the man out of the drivers seat.

We all fail and he drives my car off, he traveled down Elliott Street towards Marine drive, over shoots Knight and pulls a u turn. Understeered and hops a curb and into a tree.

This traumatizing experience has absolutely paused my life. But I feel like this was the safest outcome as people weren't that hurt other than mental trauma. The police yanked him out of my car and was arrested.

Now, my car? Four bent wheels and ruined suspension, bumper had exploded, busted oil pan, exploded intercooler, radiator and fan ended up inside the tree, airbags deployed, back wheels weren't even in the center of the wheel well.

What an experience...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406737024358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406737024358.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 131

swfk

Ready to race!
Just small headaches and some neck pain. Cuts and bruises can heal so I dont mind those. I'm just so glad my girlfriend got out of the car and didn't have exchanges with the hijacker. ICBC wise I'm preparing all my receipts so that's good I guess

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Shit Steve, that really sucks.

But like everyone else, I'm glad personal injury was minimal and hopefully the mental part will heal quickly too.

As for ICBC, as long as you're not looking for a brand new car, unless you're insure for such, they're pretty good.

The aftermarket stuff is usually covered at a pro-rated/depreciated rate, so receipts are vital.

Also, but check with ICBC, as sometimes you can have them remove the aftermarket stuff, if you've got the factory stuff to replace it with.

I've done this in the past, but it was a few years ago(2009).

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Holy shit, glad no one was hurt. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy had stolen the Mazda 3, and was high.

It's time to break it to you guys, this is my car's current state :(

As my gf and I were leaving my house just at the end of the block, I witnessed a man crash a Mazda 3 into the curb, catch some air time and landed.

I get out to check if he is okay, he comes out and starts running towards me clenching fists really angrily. I perceive this as he is going to attack me so I start running, I turn around and he's hopped into my driver's seat and I yell to my gf to get out because he's going to hijack us.

I dove into the passenger seat trying to pull my keys out of the ignition and the man starts punching my head, at this point some great civilians passing by try to yank the man out of the drivers seat.

We all fail and he drives my car off, he traveled down Elliott Street towards Marine drive, over shoots Knight and pulls a u turn. Understeered and hops a curb and into a tree.

This traumatizing experience has absolutely paused my life. But I feel like this was the safest outcome as people weren't that hurt other than mental trauma. The police yanked him out of my car and was arrested.

Now, my car? Four bent wheels and ruined suspension, bumper had exploded, busted oil pan, exploded intercooler, radiator and fan ended up inside the tree, airbags deployed, back wheels weren't even in the center of the wheel well.

What an experience...

What the actual fuck?.....
Glad you and your gf are okay.
Cannot believe something like this would happen in real life, and so close to where I live too..

KO7

Ready to race!
Worst nightmare with a significant other or kid in the car. Glad you guys are ok, hope ICBC takes care of you.

MrBrightside

Passed Driver's Ed
What a crazy day you got there Steve! Thank god you two are ok.. Just brought my dad to see your car last week at market crossing with some neons and now it's like this.. It's sad so much time and efford has been put into that car and it takes less than 15 mins until everything gets fucked up.. The worst part is it's not your fault!! Wtf!

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
Holy shit Steve!! How did you piss that guy off so much?! lol

glad to see everyone still on the forum tho, i heard we r meeting up tomorrow?

swfk

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the love! Doing better now, the imagery isn't replaying as much. Waiting for a reply from ICBC. Managed to swap out my tails from the car and pull my spoiler off.Receipts for wheels, tires, suspension are also ready to be shown to ICBC.

Went to see a lawyer for some advice on my case. Turns out there isn't much I can do in terms of compensation from the man. Assuming he is some no-life piece of shit on this planet, he won't have money to pay and I'll have to pay my lawyer even if I win.

Canadian law will punish the accused but don't do much for the victims. Usually in an accident there is compensation because the party at fault has ICBC insurance but this man does not!

Just going to move on and deal with ICBC for now. So far so good!