What do you have a Mac or PC?

• Mac

Votes: 75 63.6%
  • PC

Votes: 43 36.4%

• Total voters

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I just recently purchased a new laptop for school/leisure. An HP Envy Beats edition 14.5" laptop. My specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 2.67GHz
6.00 GB RAM
750GB Hard Drive
Bright view display 1366x768

added HP slice battery

I've always been a PC guy, but as off late i've been "playing" with a friend of mines Macbook pro. At first I didn't like it because I wasn't used to how everything was set up but after messing with the computer for about an hour I quickly got the hang of it, and realized it ran a lot smoother than my pc. I'm regretting now spending the money on my new laptop and wish I would have tried my first mac computer. I'm strongly thinking about definately making a Mac my next computer purchase. The screen on the macbook pro was extremely clear probably the one thing that makes me want to switch the most, and after learning how to use the ios/ lion whatever it's called i'm learning to like it more than windows. I just want to hear what you guys have to say that may convince me to stay PC/ or give Mac a shot. Feel free to express you opinions.

Last edited:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i love my Mac. i've had this computer for the last 5 years of my life. it's been to 4 different countries and lived in 3 different places with me. it's been taken to all my live DJ gigs, including some in a rainy field. it still runs like the day i got it. when i say this things been through hell and back i mean it! it never gave me any trouble at all, not even so much as a hiccup.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
PC all the fucking way. Been building them since I was 13. Sporting a beast laptop now though, I gave up on that shit.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
i love my Mac. i've had this computer for the last 5 years of my life. it's been to 4 different countries and lived in 3 different places with me. it's been taken to all my live DJ gigs, including some in a rainy field. it still runs like the day i got it. when i say this things been through hell and back i mean it! it never gave me any trouble at all, not even so much as a hiccup.

That's another reason why I wanted to try out the HP beats edition envy laptop was for DJing. I'm not pro shit i've never done it just want to learn and do it on the side for fun. I'm a big audiophile and I also love how the Mac's are extremely difficult to get a virus on. I've had multiple PC's with virus problems. How easy is it to use your Mac for DJing? Also was it difficult for you to learn how to DJ? I'm strongly wanting to learn, even if it's just for fun.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
PC all the fucking way. Been building them since I was 13. Sporting a beast laptop now though, I gave up on that shit.

I love how PC's can be customized easily, but is that enough? I'm no tech genious or anything for that matter, i'm just looking for a fast reliable fun and easy to use computer. I thought i'd be stoked after I bought my laptop, I mean don't get me wrong it's plenty fast enough, but I'm like a kid if I see something that excited me I want it! haha

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
That's another reason why I wanted to try out the HP beats edition envy laptop was for DJing. I'm not pro shit i've never done it just want to learn and do it on the side for fun. I'm a big audiophile and I also love how the Mac's are extremely difficult to get a virus on. I've had multiple PC's with virus problems. How easy is it to use your Mac for DJing? Also was it difficult for you to learn how to DJ? I'm strongly wanting to learn, even if it's just for fun.

serato/traktor/ableton are basically the same on any OS.

my mac (it's not even a macbook pro) processes the software faster than any of my dj/producer friends PC laptops.

i mean, sure you can build a ridiculously fast PC, but in the end it WILL eventually get infected with something haha i've never had a PC last me more than 6 months without a full restoration.

i've never had to do anything with my Mac.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
I don't use a firewall nor antivirus. Never get infected with anything... too smart with my browsing lol.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
serato/traktor/ableton are basically the same on any OS.

my mac (it's not even a macbook pro) processes the software faster than any of my dj/producer friends PC laptops.

i mean, sure you can build a ridiculously fast PC, but in the end it WILL eventually get infected with something haha i've never had a PC last me more than 6 months without a full restoration.

i've never had to do anything with my Mac.

Fuck!!! I am wanting a Mac soo bad I keep watching reviews on youtube lol.
Have you heard of Mysto&Pizzi? They are one of my favorite Dj's not too many people have heard of them quite yet, but i'm sure they will "blow up" soon. Here's one of my favorite mixes they have made. Oh and they use a Mac too lol

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I don't use a firewall nor antivirus. Never get infected with anything... too smart with my browsing lol.

Lol I'm being extremely carefull with my laptop now haha.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Lol that's what fucked up my last laptop. Limewire smh never ever gonna use that again! haha

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i've TRIED to infect my computer by purposely downloading viruses and i can't.

i've downloaded the most fucked up and corrupt files on this thing and it's never shown any signs of weakness.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
That's what i've been using lately

SAthirtythree

Ready to race!
i run a really good virus scanner on my mac called sophos, It finds shit all the time. (of course that shit is stuff that only effects windows machines) but i figured why pass it along if i don't have to.

I fucking love my Mac. I used to not be a computer guy at all. I actually hated using them. Just browsing the web was painful with windows, constant system pop-ups saying this needs to be updated, that can't close... blah blah blah.
Since i got a Mac i've become a total computer geek, I have my comp completely customized me, I use multi touch gestures for EVERYTHING, see jitouch. I'm actually running 2 monitors right now, and i've started building websites with HTML and CSS, and i'm learning object oriented programing with Ruby. All because of Mac.