What do you have a Mac or PC?

• Mac

Votes: 75 63.6%
  • PC

Votes: 43 36.4%

• Total voters

McQueen77

Banned
Apple by far. It would be a sad day if I had to give up my iMac, MacBookPro and iPad2 for some depressing ass PC. And yeah, what DJ Euphoria said - I've never once worried about viruses or anything like that in all my years of Macs. Not to mention that with the things I do with a computer i.e. recording/mixing w/Pro Tools etc. no one on earth involved in anything entertainment related uses a PC. I'm into style as well and as far as the interface and exterior design/styling, no PC can hold a candle to the ol' Mac.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
PCs and Linux thank you, I am not rich enough to pay twice as much for nothing more than shiny white plastic and a pretentious company logo. Let's see, I can get a base iMac 21.5" monitor with a 2.5Ghz i5 and 4GB of RAM for $1200. For the same price I can get a Dell XPS with a 3.4Ghz Core i7, 8GB of RAM, and a blu-ray drive. And I could build my own PC with even better specs for closer to half of that. Where does this start to make sense? LOL MacOS is more stable? LOL Seen it crash and lock up several times on friends and family's computers. No viruses on Mac? BS, do a google search for MacOS viruses. They are out there, and they are becoming more prevalent.

I build my own PCs, meaning I can get them more powerful and cheaper than a Mac, and I can go in and upgrade components when I need to. It is impossible to piecemeal upgrade a Mac, you can add RAM and upgrade a hard drive, that's it.

:thumbsup:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
i literally JUST bought a MACBOOK PRO, about a week or 2 ago... it takes some getting used to... but it is SO BAD ASS!! It's so much more smooth then a PC.... doesn't take 10 years to boot up! You turn it on and its on! Things are so much better layed out... I can go on forever why the MAC is so much better!!

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
One laptop running w7/fedora, desktop running w7, macbook pro running snow leopard/fedora and xp, and another desktop running only fedora. I used to like apple hardware a lot. Except I hate xcode for developing. Of course then again I don't do ios development. Everyone saying that their macbooks haven't gotten a virus and you've tried downloading a lot of infected files. Please realize that your macbook is not going to open an excutable file the same way a windows machine would. Also you have to realize that the more that people buy macbooks and mac towers the more likely people will want to develop malicious programs for mac os.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
macs aren't too expensive. they're quality.

this macbook is now, 6 years running i think? i would have gone through like 3 PC laptops by now. saved me money in the long run because it never got infected, never ever crashed, always updated to the most current systems, still keeps up with the newest technology, and still puts everyones new PCs to shame.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
plus as a DJ i need to rely on my macbook to not crash on me during a live gig. especially if i'm playing a big important venue. i would never put my DJ career in the hands of a PC. EVER.

livefast

Ready to race!
Mac hands down. I've been using them since those colored iMacs.

This was my baby:

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
Most macs will not put a well built Windows machine to shame. You can build a much higher quality Windows machine for a fraction of the cost and run ableton much smoother than a macbook or macbook pro. I'm not saying macs are a bad machine. When I was into filming I only used my mbp for final cut. Also it can't be said that a mac is better than a pc. I guess pc lost its true meaning and has been tagged as a windows machine. I understand fully where you are coming from dj. I believe a lot of the whole os battle comes down to what people are able to use more efficiently. But in the long run when it comes down to hardware between an apple computer and a windows based machine, they can basically be identical depending on if you want to create a windows machine with apple specs. (minus the g processors from apple when they were bad ass)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I use all Apple products at home (Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone, iPods Airport Express and Apple TV. I love the seamless integration of all the products – along with their ease of use.

I use a PC at work and get so frustrated with the slow booting up process, crashes and freezing windows. I also dislike the clunky UI and hardware its all wrapped in. My MBA is nearly instant on. My PC I power it on, go get coffee, come back and wait. Once its up, wait some more until I can slowly begin opening up programs…gahhhhh.