GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

playing music in your GTI, what setup/device do you use?

red_dragon

Ready to race!
i download a ton of music, but i usually just burn everything to a CD and play it on the CD player. :rolleyes: i've just got a ton of blank CDs sitting around.

so there is the card reader and the iphone charger jack.

what do you guys use to play your music?

it would be nice to have all my mp3s on some kind of device so i can just plug and play and have an option of 1,000s of mp3s to play.

i also want to make sure i don't lose any quality in the music through the device.

thanks!

PatrickGTIVI

Ready to race!
I use an older ipod nano (when they still had the click wheel, yo!) plugged into the cable in the otherwise-useless console under the armrest. bluetooth for my phone if I have to (usually only for calls), and sat radio, sometimes CDs.

nik

Go Kart Champion
in my old GTI I used the hard drive and transferred between SD card and the RNS 510. but that lead to duplicate songs and then I had to sit there and transfer stuff twice (pc to card, card to deck), which was annoying. .

Now I just run straight from an SD card. I think I have a 16 GB in there at the moment. Haven't touched a CD-R in years.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Vast majority of the time it's just mp3s on the sd card. Best option imo.

Occasionally break out Pandora on my iphone and will either dock it in the armrest or just bluetooth it if a short drive.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I use my iPod 160GB for the most part. I have a bunch of mp3's transferred from an SD card to the RNS-510. Lastly, I have a USB MDI cable with 128GB thumb drive. Always nice to have options.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
iPhone music through Bluetooth aswell, and mainly radio in the AM.

McQueen77

Banned
ipod nano almost exclusively. pandora and spotify sound like dogshit streaming via phone. occasionally cd but almost never...

quality_sound

hmm.......
I ripped out the OEM unit in favor of an aftermarket unit that bypasses the iPod DAC (not because its bad, but because it removes a d/a-a/d conversion) and still use my old iPod photo. A lot of my music is very high bit rate but I also use some very well recorded cds. There's a full system in the car as well.

green hell

Ready to race!
ipod classic through the cable, slacker radio through iphone bluetooth.

the occasional cd, which was thwarted by my malfunctioning cd player. replaced by dealer.

Balt21

Ready to race!
I use a mix of everything, except the sd card. My old iPhone (that I use as an iPod now) through the cable in the armrest, pandora/music stored on my phone via bluetooth, FM, and I usually keep a CD loaded.