GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - Should Plac/2013R get another SuperBee?

Should Plac/2013R get another SuperBee??

• Of course. Power rules. 470 hp wins.

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • No. Superior interior is only reason to own a car.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Who is Plac/2013R?

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Get something else entirely.

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Get another GTI. Autobahn. Options. Duh.

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Stupid NEEK pole. I will not vote (but just did).

Votes: 18 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
That Outback is KILLER.. 3.6R model, top line. Only $36k WITH the only option package, moonroof/keyless access/pushbutton start/nav.

This could really be the key. if i can find one..

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That Outback is KILLER.. 3.6R model, top line. Only $36k WITH the only option package, moonroof/keyless access/pushbutton start/nav.

This could really be the key. if i can find one..

No superior interior doe. It is a Subaru. How is the stereo option in it?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
How is the stereo option in it?

Harman Kardon units are usually pretty good. I'm quite pleased with mine.

And IMO, pretty superior interior. Have you been in the 15?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Harman Kardon units are usually pretty good. I'm quite pleased with mine.

And IMO, pretty superior interior. Have you been in the 15?

I have. I will agree that they are much better, but not up to par with the fancy pants tastes of GTI owners.... :laugh:

I would personally have no problem with the interior of one. Interior can only add to a vehicle purchase for me, not detract from one with one exception - a really good stereo. I will admit I have not heard the HK system Subie uses. If you say it is good, I take your word for it because you aren't a salesman. What is the wattage on it? I assume tweeters, any subs or amps?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I like the interior better than the GTIs lol. It's got more going on, less stark.

I don't have the specs on their HK unit but typically they build a good system for autos.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I like the interior better than the GTIs lol. It's got more going on, less stark.

I don't have the specs on their HK unit but typically they build a good system for autos.

There are many interiors I like better than a GTI's. We had both be very careful what we say about that though otherwise the "superior interior" crew will come after us.

mmoran903

Ready to race!
The quality of the HK system leaves some to be desired.

Still love my car, but would skip the audio of you're ordering.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
There are many interiors I like better than a GTI's. We had both be very careful what we say about that though otherwise the "superior interior" crew will come after us.

The GTI interior is nicer than my x1, there, that ought to take the heat off us.

The quality of the HK system leaves some to be desired.

Still love my car, but would skip the audio of you're ordering.

The HK system is the same in the new Legacy as yours? It's standard on the 3.6R model and has to be better than stock.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The GTI interior is nicer than my x1, there, that ought to take the heat off us.

The HK system is the same in the new Legacy as yours? It's standard on the 3.6R model and has to be better than stock.

Ok, phew!

Oh, also, the GTI has softer touch materials than the 4Runner. Double safe.

mmoran903

Ready to race!

Can't verify it's the same, but I have the aftermarket HK on the 15 WRX. If it is the same, and it's something that can be avoided, I would. Then I'd go aftermarket.

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
Visit done. The gc was ok. She likes it. Seems a bit boring to me. Wrangler is off the table, harder to get into and less comfortable seats. Another idea we are looking into is Subaru Outback. I need to see if they make a performance trim or anything. The GC is right on the edge of our financial comfort range.

We had a Forester XT, and it's the sportier version. We took it back after a week and got a Acura MDX. The RDX sounds more like something that she may like and it's in your price range.

The Subaru Forester drove exactly like the Outback, both were really scary at highway speeds. Hard to keep the car centered on the highway as the car wandered a lot. Seems to be a common complain on them in the forums.

The R version of the Outback is the sporty one.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
we looked over the RDX, its not our style. i never liked Acuras anyway.

pgard1

Ready to race!
we looked over the RDX, its not our style. i never liked Acuras anyway.

I'll never buy an Acura again! I have on 05 TL 6SPD and have had to replace both drive axles, rack n pinion, ps pump twice, you get the picture. Love the look and stance of that gen TL, but never again.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
so the GC is on the list for sure. But we need to check a few more options before making the jump. I'd feel a lot more financially secure going with the Outback 3.6R for $325 payments instead..

wow, the average discount on the Subaru Outback 3.6R is trending $3000-$3500 off. I thought Subaru was more stingy than that. this is looking even better. First chance we get we will go see an Outback in person.

OH DAMN.. i was looking at the 2014.. no wonder.. the average discount on the 2015 new refresh is only $1500..

Now through July 31, 2014 get 1.9% Financing on all new 2015 Outback Models

Last edited:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Placman did you and the wife check out the Cherokee at all or is that totally off the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.