GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

///RAI K04 Book Report. Check it out.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
This is an awesome thread, very rarely does a tuner share there methods of producing their products or show the R&D that was conducted to achieve their final results.

A couple questions as I've been curious about Eurodyne Maestro and the tuning capabilities that it offers.

1) I assume that if one were to purchase the Eurodyne software from RAI the beta calibrations shown in that document would be available today?

2) How are you going to approach making a final file for the Eurodyne set up? Are you guys going to cease development or continue on by putting test miles on the vehicle and tuning a stock vehicle as opposed to a full bolt on car? The differences of EGTs and the limits of the AFR are moved with and without a DP so if somebody were to want to run that stage 1 file on a totally stock car how do you think it'll respond?

3) Did you guys have a probe to measure EGTs during these runs? Did you have a method of measuring turbo shaft speeds? Have you tested the tune in various ambient temperatures? The 25PSI mark how is that met with the stock means of measuring boost?

R.A.I. Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
This is an awesome thread, very rarely does a tuner share there methods of producing their products or show the R&D that was conducted to achieve their final results.

A couple questions as I've been curious about Eurodyne Maestro and the tuning capabilities that it offers.

1) I assume that if one were to purchase the Eurodyne software from RAI the beta calibrations shown in that document would be available today?

2) How are you going to approach making a final file for the Eurodyne set up? Are you guys going to cease development or continue on by putting test miles on the vehicle and tuning a stock vehicle as opposed to a full bolt on car? The differences of EGTs and the limits of the AFR are moved with and without a DP so if somebody were to want to run that stage 1 file on a totally stock car how do you think it'll respond?

3) Did you guys have a probe to measure EGTs during these runs? Did you have a method of measuring turbo shaft speeds? Have you tested the tune in various ambient temperatures? The 25PSI mark how is that met with the stock means of measuring boost?

1. Yes, our entire database is available to our customers, at time of purchase and as it grows.

2. For us to make a final file, we would first have to believe their is such thing as a final file, we don't believe in this. We do not push one size fits all. Development never ceases. We have never done the same build twice they are always unique, we learn more every time we finish a build. We collect data, catalog and store it. We have base files for any comparable "stage" file. Please don't get it twisted either, their is nothing "base" about those files. Look at our database as a forever growing collection of tunes for various configurations. Various configurations range from fast a safely possible to max fuel mileage.

3. The stock ECU calculates projected EGT's, and we are in the proper range for Direct Injection, we also have tunes for people willing to push higher temps if they choose. We did not monitor compressor speed, as we tested only a K03 and K04 in this report. The data for this is already available via compressor maps. The compressor wheel speeds, and compressor efficiency maps for the K03, K04, Borg Warner EFR 6758, EFR 7163 ( not yet available ), and GTX 2867r have been pre loaded into the software, and is available to further edit by the end user if they choose to do so. As we develop more turbo's we will add more of these maps to the database.

The ECU monitors and adjust for various weather, the mapping for these conditions are available in maestro for further adjustment if a end user chooses to use it.

The 25psi peak pressure is mapped by making changes to VE ( volumetric efficiency ) maps. We are also looking into MAP sensor calibration for use with the TDI sensor.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
1. Yes, our entire database is available to our customers, at time of purchase and as it grows.

2. For us to make a final file, we would first have to believe their is such thing as a final file, we don't believe in this. We do not push one size fits all. Development never ceases. We have never done the same build twice they are always unique, we learn more every time we finish a build. We collect data, catalog and store it. We have base files for any comparable "stage" file. Please don't get it twisted either, their is nothing "base" about those files. Look at our database as a forever growing collection of tunes for various configurations. Various configurations range from fast a safely possible to max fuel mileage.

3. The stock ECU calculates projected EGT's, and we are in the proper range for Direct Injection, we also have tunes for people willing to push higher temps if they choose. We did not monitor compressor speed, as we tested only a K03 and K04 in this report. The data for this is already available via compressor maps. The compressor wheel speeds, and compressor efficiency maps for the K03, K04, Borg Warner EFR 6758, EFR 7163 ( not yet available ), and GTX 2867r have been pre loaded into the software, and is available to further edit by the end user if they choose to do so. As we develop more turbo's we will add more of these maps to the database.

The ECU monitors and adjust for various weather, the mapping for these conditions are available in maestro for further adjustment if a end user chooses to use it.

The 25psi peak pressure is mapped by making changes to VE ( volumetric efficiency ) maps. We are also looking into MAP sensor calibration for use with the TDI sensor.

And this is why i can't wait until my Maestro suite comes in this week so i can dump my APR tune and get tuned with Eurodyne.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
And this is why i can't wait until my Maestro suite comes in this week so i can dump my APR tune and get tuned with Eurodyne.

For comparison sake, I would take your car to a 3rd party for dyno numbers before and after. It would be interesting to see what the differences end up being.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Thanks for putting this together, its good to see comparison dyno logs.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That was actually an enjoyable read. Thanks RAI

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Nice job! good to see some real data

Sales@R.A.I.

Ready to race!

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
hey could you guys do a little thread on your DV/Synapse relocation thread? pics, install etc? Id like to see how it all hooks up.