GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rant- Windshield

fabio1

Ready to race!
http://www.carwindshields.info/windshieldmarkings.htm

Google is your friend. AGC is OE on some cars, apparently, however my '13 is Saint Gobain everywhere.

Im a little more quite now.. If im not happy with windshield i will call and ask a Saint gobin skurit.

Someone can put a picture from his own windshield brand? I want to see if said E9 or E9...
My new jetta said saint gobbin sejurit E9 -r43 i thing... New from GTI said E6

I dont want a less quality german windshield!! Fucking agenciesss

THIS LINK HELP ME A LOT FRIENDE,! Thanks

I can see my new windshield is from Belgica..
If you had E1 german, i will ask for it!!

dcarony

Ready to race!
i left the car in VW to change the wipperrs and take of a fucking cracking noise on the dash panel.
THE RESSULT: THE CRACK MY OEM WINDSHIELD.

so, i went to VW and i see they put an AGC windshiel. I saw that most of VW cars has Gobain Sekurt.
So i want to know if someone has AGC from FACTORY or OEM is only Sekurt.
i will fuck them if AGC is not OEM and a Shit-

Also, can someone that has AGC and Sekurt put a picture of the brand and European code Exx
they put me an AGC E6--- my jetta has an Sekurt E9-- which is the difference???

thanks

Bienvenido porteno!

dcarony

Ready to race!
Safelite Sucks

I've said dozens of times on here, I'm was on my 3rd windshield at 1 year into ownership. Zero deductible on glass, thankfully.

Ditto, I also luckily have full glass coverage. If you don't have full glass, I highly recommend looking into it.

On a side note, Safelite sucks balls! They fucked up a windshield replacement and my car flooded during the next rainfall. Then they fucked up the subsequent "repair" and my car got flooded AGAIN. I wouldn't let those idiots look at my car too long, much less touch it.

fabio1

Ready to race!
Ditto, I also luckily have full glass coverage. If you don't have full glass, I highly recommend looking into it.

On a side note, Safelite sucks balls! They fucked up a windshield replacement and my car flooded during the next rainfall. Then they fucked up the subsequent "repair" and my car got flooded AGAIN. I wouldn't let those idiots look at my car too long, much less touch it.

Como estas hermano? No se le puede confiar el auto a nadie. Una mierda.
Por otro lado mi amigo que trabaja en VW tiene un GTI de fabrica y lo tiene con AGC de parabrizas.. O sea. Se ve que puede venir de las dos formas..

Saludos!
Pd. De donde sos?

dcarony

Ready to race!
Como estas hermano? No se le puede confiar el auto a nadie. Una mierda.
Por otro lado mi amigo que trabaja en VW tiene un GTI de fabrica y lo tiene con AGC de parabrizas.. O sea. Se ve que puede venir de las dos formas..

Saludos!
Pd. De donde sos?

Estoy bien, bregando con las mismas problemas que siempre con mi carro. Desgraciadamente, asi es, la mayoria de mechanicos son increiblemente imbecil. No importa la fabrica, me parece que el angulo del vidrio e malo, y por eso se joden.

Soy de NY, mi madre viene de B.A. y tengo mucho familia alla.

fabio1

Ready to race!
Estoy bien, bregando con las mismas problemas que siempre con mi carro. Desgraciadamente, asi es, la mayoria de mechanicos son increiblemente imbecil. No importa la fabrica, me parece que el angulo del vidrio e malo, y por eso se joden.

Soy de NY, mi madre viene de B.A. y tengo mucho familia alla.

Mira que bien! yo soy de BS AS también. San Isidro!

tu parabrizas que marca es? AGC, Sekurit?

bburns36

Ready to race!
Safelite jacked up a windshield swap on my old Saab 9-3, broke two plastic molding clips on the passenger side and didn't bother replacing them or telling me. Said clips have a foam rubber gasket where they snap into the a-pillar. If they're not there, rainwater runs right inside the pillar, and gets dumped out right over the ECU in the kickpanel, and continues into the footwell under the carpet. I hopped in the car a few days after windshield replacement and noticed it seemed rather steamy inside, then noticed the two inches of water in the passenger footwell. :thumbdown:

Less than a month ago, they managed to beat the crap out of the dash on my mom's Subaru Outback while replacing a windshield. I'd avoid them at all costs.

dcarony

Ready to race!
what...? guys, EOP
Sorry lol
Safelite jacked up a windshield swap on my old Saab 9-3, broke two plastic molding clips on the passenger side and didn't bother replacing them or telling me. Said clips have a foam rubber gasket where they snap into the a-pillar. If they're not there, rainwater runs right inside the pillar, and gets dumped out right over the ECU in the kickpanel, and continues into the footwell under the carpet. I hopped in the car a few days after windshield replacement and noticed it seemed rather steamy inside, then noticed the two inches of water in the passenger footwell. :thumbdown:

Less than a month ago, they managed to beat the crap out of the dash on my mom's Subaru Outback while replacing a windshield. I'd avoid them at all costs.
x2 - I have no idea why they're still in business!

McQueen77

Banned
im dealing with this now. dealer washed my car at 30k service and i noticed scratches in top left and right corners. i pointed it out to the service advisor and while he didn't admit to them doing it, he offered to have it 'fixed'. i dropped the car off and they gave me a loaner for a few days.

come back to get it today and its now worse than ever. now there are verticle scratches in my field of vision where before there were none. i pointed this out and he tried to say they were already there, etc.. unreal. so then he offers to get the windshield replaced and give me a 'break' on the cost. he said 'there is no way that we did this'. he said usually its hundreds of dollars but is saying maybe they can replace the windshield free of charge and give me the windshield at dealer cost.

just beyond ruined my week.

dcarony

Ready to race!
im dealing with this now. dealer washed my car at 30k service and i noticed scratches in top left and right corners. i pointed it out to the service advisor and while he didn't admit to them doing it, he offered to have it 'fixed'. i dropped the car off and they gave me a loaner for a few days.

come back to get it today and its now worse than ever. now there are verticle scratches in my field of vision where before there were none. i pointed this out and he tried to say they were already there, etc.. unreal. so then he offers to get the windshield replaced and give me a 'break' on the cost. he said 'there is no way that we did this'. he said usually its hundreds of dollars but is saying maybe they can replace the windshield free of charge and give me the windshield at dealer cost.

just beyond ruined my week.

Scratches are par for the course on these cars, don't waste money changing it. If you mean that there are cracks, then call your insurance company, you probably have full glass coverage. Won't cost you a dime or count as an incident. Take it elsewhere to get the windshield changed, preferably a place that has a guarantee and is recommended by the insurance company. Except for safelite, do yourself a favor and avoid them at all costs.

McQueen77

Banned
there arent cracks, there are scratches, and they are right in my field of vision. they were 'better before' i.e. only the top corners but now.. worse. the service mgr. at the dealer just called back and said they could replace the windshield for cost of part only $320 and do free installation. i think my comp deductible for glass with state farm is $100. im going to talk to them tomorrow and see what they say, if the clain would effect my rates, etc. if it costs me $100 to get the new windshield, its worth it. $320 though is steeeeeep right now.

i guess i understand where he is coming from. he can work with me but since its the kind of thing that i guess 'could have happened anywhere/anytime' and im just now noticing, he cant just give me a new windshield for free. seriously bums me out.

i contacted VWoA about it and they took down some info but said that I'd have to make a formal complaint for it to get back to the dealer and start a review. The dealer has been good to me so far and looked the other way with my mods and i don't want to start some hostility saga over the stupid windshield, since yeah.. can't really 'prove' they did it and he's attempting to work with me on it. so i didn't file a complaint.

if you go to a body shop/glass place recommended by state farm, do they get an OEM windshield or some other kind? i don't want some random windshield in my car from 'harry's glass of sun valley' or some shit..

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
State Farm will allow you to get OEM glass. I had my 1st windshield replaced with OEM. After that one cracked, I went with aftermarket as OEM was out of stock in the PNW. Apparently they're replaced often.

+1 on avoiding Safelite.

dcarony

Ready to race!
there arent cracks, there are scratches, and they are right in my field of vision. they were 'better before' i.e. only the top corners but now.. worse. the service mgr. at the dealer just called back and said they could replace the windshield for cost of part only $320 and do free installation. i think my comp deductible for glass with state farm is $100. im going to talk to them tomorrow and see what they say, if the clain would effect my rates, etc. if it costs me $100 to get the new windshield, its worth it. $320 though is steeeeeep right now.

i guess i understand where he is coming from. he can work with me but since its the kind of thing that i guess 'could have happened anywhere/anytime' and im just now noticing, he cant just give me a new windshield for free. seriously bums me out.

i contacted VWoA about it and they took down some info but said that I'd have to make a formal complaint for it to get back to the dealer and start a review. The dealer has been good to me so far and looked the other way with my mods and i don't want to start some hostility saga over the stupid windshield, since yeah.. can't really 'prove' they did it and he's attempting to work with me on it. so i didn't file a complaint.

if you go to a body shop/glass place recommended by state farm, do they get an OEM windshield or some other kind? i don't want some random windshield in my car from 'harry's glass of sun valley' or some shit..

OEM is a silly concept. Its just regular brand stuff boxed in a VW package with a higher price tag. If it fits and functions, its fine.