GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^not that I'm aware of! In reality I don't think it would be all too hard to fab something up if you can weld, cut and drill.

Here's some pics from a few months ago... not updated due to no new seats, spoiler or exhaust... but close!

20170825_125404.jpg

20170826_134019.jpg

20170826_134039_HDR.jpg

20170826_134055.jpg

20170826_134109_HDR.jpg

20170826_134121.jpg

FB_IMG_1503867518433.jpg

FB_IMG_1503870001191.jpg

FB_IMG_1503930353260.jpg

FB_IMG_1503930440266.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks Jaber for the comments and sticking with the build!

Really gotta get a few shots with the maxton rear spoiler... I love how it really transforms the rear end.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Adam is making a play at cleanest car in chicago... Coming after EJ.

Also sorry to clog your thread but there is an alternative to the bottom brace. Doesn't seem as rigid but probably does the exact same thing. Check out Ultra racing they make a bunch of braces. Not sure if Eurosport makes on for the undercarriage or not but they might.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh damn those look pretty sweet; im sure a cheaper option compared to the latter!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
well i'm going stage 3 on my interior now. purchased a lot of material:

a bunch of red welted el wire to emulate the mk7's red glowing door trim

6X6 square feet of charcoal alacantara, going to wrap dashboard, center console and top portions of the doors

alacantara/red stitch steering wheel cover and shift boot (e-brake boot as well soon)

carbon fiber fabric to wrap the door panel armrests
leather material as well to do some touches on the doors as well

new red anodized shift paddles
red anodized hvac control knobs

and a ton of 150mm sound deadening material!

more to come but that's it for now!

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
I look forward to seeing it! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh crap forgot to update i also picked up a dutchparts lip spoiler! gonna look shiiick.

and to the guy above, I'm quite excited! I'm all about a nice ass interior and i think that all of these things will really pull it together, long as I have the wherewithal to do it nicely!

further down the list, I'm thinking some red-bordered mojo mats, if i can find them, and mayybe better speakers/sub/amp/better headunit - maybe an eanon one. The rcd510 i got unfortunately must be a chinese knockoff because it sounds like crap!

if i can ever find them for a great price, the special edition GTI seatbelts with red stripes... haha

black, mayyybe red alacantara roof/a/b pillars

Finally, if i ever get around to doing water/meth I'd probably pick up a gauge pod for the center console for that gauge and then i'd have to pair it with an aeroforce multigauge or more likely a proper air/fuel gauge.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Looking good man. Question with your 034 can, when you go to clean it, do you notice brown sludge in both the inlet and outlet tubes? I've had mine for a little while and notice it doesn't catch everything. Kinda bummed but thought that was maybe just part of the design.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^have not cleaned mine yet, it's only been on for around 5000 miles; that said probably about due to clean it.

related note, i recently checked my dipstick and saw some 'milk' at the bottom of it collecting. turns out per many it has to do with cold temps/cold starts/short distance driving basically and to write it off? very well... i will keep you updated when i do drain the can.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Last week finally got around to re-painting my calipers with G2 caliper paint kit. For anyone looking at their factory calipers like I was and seeing the paint fading and getting dull, this is definitely the best fix! It seriously mimics a factory powdercoat finish. You mix a solution with the small can of paint provided and simply brush it on, no masking required, just take your time cleaning everything before hand. The finish is super flat (i.e., no drips or 'rattle can' effect), and sooo glossy. For 45 bucks, totally worth the 3 hours it takes to do. No pics now, as my car is covered in winter salt.

Onto other updates...

Here are some pictures of the new splitter!

dutchparts for those who aren't in the know...

I got this on the black friday deal, which was a great deal if anyone passed it up. I recieved it in less than a week's time. My only gripe, is that the lip was quite scuffy on both the top and bottom sides, which distracts from it's nice glossy finish a bit. Obviousl the bottom side is completely doomed to scuffage, especially on a lowered car, but the top could have used perhaps a quick polish before sending out? It was wrapped in styrofoam wrap and otherwise packed nicely.

On my car, I simply used the spacers and bolted it throgh my OEM Euro lip no issue, the outside 4 holes I actually had to drill in my bumper; don't think there was any mention of that in the instructions, the manufacturer for what it's worth maybe should add a note as a disclaimer that some bumpers may require drilling on the outside 4. No big deal, mine is a 2012 for the record.

All aside, this thing looks fantastic installed, fitment is spot on, and i would definitely get this over any other aftermarket splitter again. Car feels so much faster now ;) I bet this thing can take a beating, such as bumping a curb or something, without cracking, although I bet it will scuff easy obviously, and perhaps get chipped up, so be careful out there!

20171210_094922 (Custom).jpg

20171210_094929 (Custom).jpg

20171210_094932 (Custom).jpg

20171210_095217 (Custom).jpg

20171210_095225 (Custom).jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
adding to the list as i collect materials is some red perforated leather from BFI to match my current red bfi knob exactly, to wrap a few small items as a nice touch.

worked out with Jay745 to obtain some red-lined mojo mats

also a euro cup holder

waiting on the alacantara to roll in and a new work truck so i can start tearing the interior down and getting to work!

Did recieve my custom alacantara shift boot from redlinegoods, will be ordering e-brake handle from them soon as well.

did recieve the el wire kit and 'alacantara' (definitely fake) wheel wrap from whoever in china makes that