GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah i put one on for comparison and decided i liked the r20 style better.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
might begin the polishing process this weekend! really excited for that. also have some touch up pens/paint to hopefully help any defects from sticking out any more.

one of the main dillemmas i'm facing is the bondo work on the rear quarter - the paint surface is not very smooth. However I'm a little nervous to wetsand it because i don't know comfortably how thick the cleacoat is!

Don't expect great results with the touch up pens. I got both the paint and clear coat pens from the dealer and they are eehhh. Better than ugly rock chips but not a great touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ this, the paint pens suck. Get yourself some Dr. Colorchip.
Looking good so far.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I actually had really good results with the pen!

My trick was to clean the area well with 91% isopropil, lightly fill the small chips/scratches with the paint, let dry overnight, then polish it down a bit the next day. No spot filling practice can ensure 100% perfection, respraying is really the only way, but i definitely turned my car from a 10 footer to a 5 footer haha. filled tons of little rock chips and stuff all over the place - amazing how much you notice when you actually start doing it!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hey all,

No real updates as of lately since I did so many mods right off the get go! For now the car is right about where I want it, and now that i have been driving it there are some things that I am considering tackling over the summer:

I have heard a startup noise just a few times which has been associated with the timing chain tensioner, so I think I am going to definitely go ahead and get that done sometime rather soon. I THINK i will be replacing the chain as well, as some posts have reported chain stretching.

Water meth: even as the first few 'warm' days of spring have rolled in I can immediately tell this car is prone to heat soak. So I am thinking of grabbing something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Perform...9-399c-49e1-901a-7b8786e59436&pf_rd_i=desktop

Some harsh roads around here have revealed a decent amount of interior clunks and rattles which I think i will address with some extra sound deadening left over from my MK7.

I am experiencing 'bump steer' over certain bumps, which is leading me to believe that my sway bar endlinks and perhaps some bushings are about near the end of their lifespan - which seems bad for a car with only 40K miles! Soo I may be getting some suspension refresh kits eventually, though not so crucial yet. ECS tuning seems to sell some good kits at livable prices for a 'resto-mod' sort of deal..
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembl...pension-refresh-kit-stage-3/017047ecs01-03kt/
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembl...ear-control-arm-kit-stage-1/017697ecs01-01kt/

and why the hell would i go through all that hassle if i didn't lower it? lol. Soo hence this isn't all so crucial. Car rides acceptable overall and handles quite nice for stock suspension. So this may be next year even we will see.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Well boys and girls I did by far the most ricer but winning thing ever.

Saw in some thread that I can't find now that the sirrocco R has a muffler like ours except with an extra pipe coming off the side of the muffler and Y'ing into the tailpipe. Guy who noticed this suggested to cut the 'nub' off of our stock mufflers to gain some extra sound (like 10% claimed).

Well I did exactly that. No noise difference at all.

So I cut the other side as well. Again, no difference.

Just for the fack of it, I decided since I had two holes in my muffler (lmao) I went ahead and pulled all the fiberglass stuffing out of it and BAM!

Guys, it literally sounds awesome now. I can't explain it. First, off, does NOT sound like a car with a hole in the muffler. It literally made it 10-15% louder, my GF did not even notice until I told her.

It gained deepness in sound. Nothing else. It literally just sounds a little deeper. You can HEAR the exhaust now. Absolutely no drone, rattle, rasp, etc etc. Just a little more noise and depth. For free.

No dsg fart noise sadly, but with the catted DP and this I am quite pleased. :)

come on with the sound video. you cant just post something like this without some media haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
haha! yeah sorry i do still owe you guys a vid - it's been so windy around here I can't imagine I would get a good clip. Need a friend to help me take one i think.

i swear it sounds really quite fantastic! I'm throwing logs on the fire at happy camp!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
haha! yeah sorry i do still owe you guys a vid - it's been so windy around here I can't imagine I would get a good clip. Need a friend to help me take one i think.

i swear it sounds really quite fantastic! I'm throwing logs on the fire at happy camp!

its not that we dont believe you...... its uh.... its just...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
20170409_165910_HDR (1).jpg

20170409_165925_HDR (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20170409_165910_HDR.jpg
    20170409_165910_HDR.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20170409_165925_HDR (1).jpg
    20170409_165925_HDR (1).jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

chip1

Ready to race!
Well boys and girls I did by far the most ricer but winning thing ever.

Saw in some thread that I can't find now that the sirrocco R has a muffler like ours except with an extra pipe coming off the side of the muffler and Y'ing into the tailpipe. Guy who noticed this suggested to cut the 'nub' off of our stock mufflers to gain some extra sound (like 10% claimed).

Well I did exactly that. No noise difference at all.

So I cut the other side as well. Again, no difference.

Just for the fack of it, I decided since I had two holes in my muffler (lmao) I went ahead and pulled all the fiberglass stuffing out of it and BAM!

Guys, it literally sounds awesome now. I can't explain it. First, off, does NOT sound like a car with a hole in the muffler. It literally made it 10-15% louder, my GF did not even notice until I told her.

It gained deepness in sound. Nothing else. It literally just sounds a little deeper. You can HEAR the exhaust now. Absolutely no drone, rattle, rasp, etc etc. Just a little more noise and depth. For free.

No dsg fart noise sadly, but with the catted DP and this I am quite pleased. :)

is this the post that gave you the idea?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95103

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion