GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So possible new car, what would you get?

sboskov

Ready to race!
So I've had my GTI for almost six months now and I'm getting bored of if. I want something fancier, faster, sportier.
Don't get me wrong I love the GTI but I just want something more fun while I'm younger.

I'm still considering keeping the GTI and just modding it over time but idk yet.

So my question is that if you could spend 50k on a new car, what would you get?

I'm a big ls guy, so no fords or dodges for me

I don't mind coupes/2 seaters, because I daily a crew cab silverado.

****Only requirement would be that it has to be manual and no older than 2012****

So what would you get??

The few I've contemplated are:
-Camaro ss, it's a lot of bang for not a lot of buck ( a 1ss can be had for around 32k new, that's a loaded gti price...)
-corvette c6
-corvette c7 (it's more than I'd like to spend)
-Malibu ss(the new ones that are on a g8 frame)
-Porsche boxster (not fast enough though for the $)
-s4 (high on my list but 330 hp for 48k? Hmmm)
-golf R mkvii (but how much will it be, when will it drop)
-the new gti but what's the point besides a little bigger, redesigned and more tq?
-new sti but it's too basic
-m235 I like the exterior but interior is crammed, I hate the dated BMW interior and 49k for 320 hp...
-m3, idk I hate the interior and most will have 30k miles to be under 50k which a big no no for me ha
-s3 would be amazing but it's not offered in manual so that's a no

Yeah so maybe I'm missing a few cars here, help me figure out what I should do!

Keeping my gti is def an option bc I do love it and it's fun, but it's just not an attention getter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squall

Ready to race!
i just bought the new sti and i love it. i really dont think its basic at all. not to mention all of the people who have come up to me to check it out and complement me on it within the past 2 weeks. however you cant go wrong with any of the cars on your list.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I would go with the Cayman R.
or
-Evo X GSR (leather &sunroof package)
-Audi S4 (with the torque vectoring package)

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Seems like you want:
- attention getter
- fast for the money
- fun/impractical while you're young
- decent interior

The easy answer is C7 if you can afford it. I had a chance to ride shotgun in one at my last track day, and it definitely hauls. Supercar level of performance and will turn heads on the street.

If you can't afford that, a used C6 (pref Z06) would work as well.

None of the other cars on your list (Camaro, Malibu, S3/S4, Golf R/GTI, M235, M3) are anywhere close to that level of performance, nor will they turn heads.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
great choices there... you definitely know your stuff, so I think most of those would be quite nice to have :D

S3 manual - get a Golf R ;) same engine, brakes, etc.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I'd put my money on the 235i if it had to be a new car. With a tune, you'd have a hell of a package. Are those motors N55's? If so, a tune will do you well up to 400hp on pump gas. Plus the car is some 3500lbs with the manual, which is much less than a majority of the other cars on there.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Camaro ss, it's a lot of bang for not a lot of buck ( a 1ss can be had for around 32k new, that's a loaded gti price...)

Keeping my gti is def an option bc I do love it and it's fun, but it's just not an attention getter

If it's attention getter you're after, of the cars in that list, Boxter or Cayman or possibly C7 vette would be the biggest attention getters in my opinion. Or BMW M-car.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You mention the interior of the m235 as cramped but you list the camaro, c6, c7, boxer as contenders? If interior space is the issue then get the Malibu.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
The M235 isn't cramped at all, hell I had 4 adults in the car a couple times and people were amazed at the interior room. You can put 2 6+ footers in the back no problem.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Since you already have a practical car, why not a 135i/is. Less roomy but its the last bmw with the great hydrolic steering, and weights less than m235 as well, and since your budget is 50k then u can find lowest mileage possible w manual

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The M235 isn't cramped at all, hell I had 4 adults in the car a couple times and people were amazed at the interior room. You can put 2 6+ footers in the back no problem.

:laugh: Good one maybe if the two ppl up front were midgets.

33.0 " rear legroom

That's 2.5 inches LESS than the GIANT golf :laugh:

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Good one maybe if the two ppl up front were midgets.

33.0 " rear legroom

That's 2.5 inches LESS than the GIANT golf :laugh:

I didn't measure and compare, I just know for a 2 door coupe it's got better room than my 2010 Camaro. None of my colleagues are midgets, remember not everyone works at the circus.