GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Software Recall/Update

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I stopped by the VW dealer yesterday for an oil changed and asked about open recalls. I was informed of a software update that changes the overall emissions and was wondering how this would affect my stage 1 tune. Has anyone had this done because I haven't seen anything on the forums regarding this update? Perhaps luckily they werent able to squeeze me in for the oil change so late in the day or I would have found out what the update does. What are your guys thoughts and experiences?

skotcoop

Ready to race!

GHM73

Ready to race!
FYI, since my car got the "software update" about a month ago, I have seen a significant loss of fuel economy. I used to average very close to 29 (up to 32 hwy) and am now averaging 25-26.

I have changed nothing about my driving habits at all. I'm sure my car was lying to me before and VW "fixed"it.

Jaber

Modero
FYI, since my car got the "software update" about a month ago, I have seen a significant loss of fuel economy. I used to average very close to 29 (up to 32 hwy) and am now averaging 25-26.

I have changed nothing about my driving habits at all. I'm sure my car was lying to me before and VW "fixed"it.

Is this based on your calculations, or what the middle display is indicating? If it's what the MFD is showing, I always take it with a grain of salt and go off my own calculations. Also, around winter time, there's always a drop in fuel economy.

fredf

Go Kart Champion

I don't think so.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Could be the shitty winter fuel now? It pretty much drops everything

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
I had it done today along with my water pump replacement. I was told it was too fix a low fuel pressure issue.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
From the stage 1 side of things, I'm like 80% sure it will wipe out your tune and put your ecu back to stock just fyi

GHM73

Ready to race!

Jaber

Modero
Revive the thread in the spring/summer time and report back your MPGs.

lowmk5

deeeez nuts
If you get this update it will clear your tune

LND

Interesting. Just had a routine 40K + DSG service performed like 2 wks ago and immediately saw a notable decrease in MPG (as displayed in MFI, yea I know). No indication by the dealer that any software update performed and there wasn't any open recall/service campaign against the vehicle.

I've seen the normal winter season drop in MPG the last couple years, but it's never been so sudden.

Not believing that what the MFI is reporting for MPG is an accurate value, but would figure that relative values would be indicative.