GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
My GTI sold this weekend. I had it on the for sale thread, someone offered me full asking price, I took it. Please don't tell me that I just should have kept it. It's too late for that. It's gone.

If the MK7 impresses me, I will be first in line to get one. But that is 1-2 years away, and I need a car to keep me satisfied until then. I am leaning towards something AWD. Since the Golf R doesn't come in DSG, it's out.

I am currently looking at two cars for sale near where I live. Both are used cars.

#1) 2010 Audi A4 quattro 11,000 miles
#2) 2010 Infinity G37x 12,000 miles

Both cars are priced almost identically. Both cars are equipped similarly as well. Audi is Premium Plus Pkg...everything but Nav....same with G37. Both cars 4 door, auto trans.

I know this is a VW Golf forum so please don't tell me to buy a Golf. Try not to be too bias haha. Like I said, if the MK7 is legit, I will have one when it comes out. But if it's anything like the new Jetta......ehhh, I dunno

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A4. Is it a premium or prestige?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
My GTI sold this weekend. I had it on the for sale thread, someone offered me full asking price, I took it. Please don't tell me that I just should have kept it. It's too late for that. It's gone.

If the MK7 impresses me, I will be first in line to get one. But that is 1-2 years away, and I need a car to keep me satisfied until then.

I am currently looking at two cars for sale near where I live. Both are used cars.

#1) 2010 Audi A4 quattro 11,000 miles
#2) 2010 Infinity G37x 12,000 miles

Both cars are priced almost identically. Both cars are equipped similarly as well. Audi is Premium Plus Pkg...everything but Nav....same with G37. Both cars 4 door, auto trans.

I know this is a VW Golf forum so please don't tell me to buy a Golf. Try not to be too bias haha. Like I said, if the MK7 is legit, I will have one.

American Muscle like a CPO'd 5.0, SS, or SRT8 would be a good next car or lease something really extravagant like a M3 or M5 if you are only waiting out 1-3 years for the MK7.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
does the audi have the LED headlights? if not, no deal! lol...

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
A4. Is it a premium or prestige?

Premium Plus. Any particular reason you put A4 over the G37? Curious. I loved my last Maxima. And I would think the G37 runs much stronger than the A4....unless APR can add 100 hp to the A4 haha. Gas milage on the G is probably pretty bad. Reliability between the two? Dunno

American Muscle like a CPO'd 5.0, SS, or SRT8 would be a good next car or lease something really extravagant like a M3 or M5 if you are only waiting out 1-3 years for the MK7.

No RWD for me

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Premium Plus. Any particular reason you put A4 over the G37?

Handling/ steering feel
MPG
Quattro (well, the G is awd too, but still)
Tunable

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How much for the audi?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Handling/ steering feel
MPG
Quattro (well, the G is awd too, but still)
Tunable

The G is a much faster car out of the box though, although a lot uglier.
I'd go with audi for the reasons mentioned also. It also has a bit more space...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The G is a much faster car out of the box though, although a lot uglier.

yep, and thats why it wouldn't matter to me if its faster, lol... too damn fugly/girlie looking.