GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Unless its an S i would pass on the a4, nice but boring.

vq engines love to eat gas and oil to the point of lemmon law.

I would find a pre owned Hyundai genesis sedan tech package, same price range and alot more car, if you get a cpo you get the 100k pt warranty

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
on the audi i guess your risk is relatively small.. still under warranty for the next year or two. Drive it for a year and sell for 25, not a bad deal.

martymim

Ready to race!
A4 all the way. Stick with the German cars they are the best quality. With a A4 I dont know if you would want to mod it but it could look great with a set of super concave rotiforms and then lower it. The GTi could never pull of super concaves.

emk6

Ready to race!
A4 gets my vote. Similar in features just different engine size.

even for 2 years, i'll be saving a little on gas money vs. the 3.5L of the G37x.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
As far as reliability the TL wins hands down.
Had both a TSX and a TL and nothing ever goes
wrong with them.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
he's not going long term, otherwise I'd agree with you though.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Did you testdrive them both? IMHO, you're asking this on a Euro forum so most people here will give you a biased answer.

If you go with the G37, make sure you get the G37xS.

Don't get the TL, the exterior is hideous IMO.

yankle

Ready to race!
Did you testdrive them both? IMHO, you're asking this on a Euro forum so most people here will give you a biased answer.

If you go with the G37, make sure you get the G37xS.

Don't get the TL, the exterior is hideous IMO.

Agreed. There's something seriously messed with the rear end of the TL...looks jacked.
Had an Infiniti G35xS before the VW. Nice car, cool tech features, comfortable, pretty quick, handles nice but just felt very heavy. Haven't driven an A4 but there Quattro is probably better than the G's awd system.

JhnR

Banned
As a former G owner, the G's exhaust is intoxicating stock. EAT LOTS OF GAS tho. I preffer a coupe over a sedan for looks.

A4 is more refined and classy.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
on the audi i guess your risk is relatively small.. still under warranty for the next year or two. Drive it for a year and sell for 25, not a bad deal.

Been doing some research on the new A4 (B8). They are having major issues with eating oil....like a quart every 1,000 miles?? Audi is tearing down engines under warranty and replacing piston rings?

Even more problems with the '09 A4's (first year for the B8's)

For 2010 Audi put a completely different tranny in the car, and I think added some horses too.

So now I understand why '09's are going way cheaper than the '10's....even though they are both B8's

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
not good on the piston rings perhaps, but it would be under warranty right? and thats good you were looking at 2010 then. As for oil, many cars eat oil and it often times is considered normal/typical by the mfr.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
10s have the 8 speed, although rumor has it, its just that good old CVT.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I know. Aftermarket sounds even better. SICK!!

The coupe sounds amazing stock. The sedan, not so much. They tame it down a lot. Get high flow cats and Ark exhaust, that thing sounds sick. Don't expect to get any more power out of the car though. Coils + Wheels + other costmetic mods. That's all you need.