GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Florida/Fort Myers - Cape Coral areas

davemoore72

Hi all

I just bought my wife a used 2010 white 2 door gti from Galloway. I'm in Cape Coral. I know next to nothing about these cars so I thought I better introduce myself. I will have a lot to say on other threads as we might have problems with a rattle at startup , the headliner falling down and paint peeling from the gear shifter surround. I also have to learn out to touch up paint and see if I can clean up the headlights. Overall, my wife loves the car and as expressed interest in getting a new one next year or the year after. So if anyone wants to get together for some doughnuts (as in DUNKINS!) I'm buying!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

davemoore72

Just thought I should add a picture[emoji3]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Moore887

I'm also in Cape coral.

...and I see you drive a diesel. Having spent the first 40 years of my life living in Ireland, I've always had diesel cars. Our GTI is the first gas powered car we have ever bought. I had originally wanted to buy one of those golf wagons with a diesel engine but we couldn't find anything suitable at the right price within 300 miles. I ended up buying myself a CMax Energi which my wife hates.

If you want to stop by and give me your opinion on our new opinion on our GtI I would be interested to hear it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Where the hell does anyone go for paint and body work around here? Most shops I've called don't even know what I mean by filling the hood notch and don't want to touch it, or give me a ridiculous quote of like $1k.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Vap has an awesome welder as far as exhaust is concerned. Might be able to do the hood notch. Worth a call anyeays

gliitch

Ready to race!
...and I see you drive a diesel. Having spent the first 40 years of my life living in Ireland, I've always had diesel cars. Our GTI is the first gas powered car we have ever bought. I had originally wanted to buy one of those golf wagons with a diesel engine but we couldn't find anything suitable at the right price within 300 miles. I ended up buying myself a CMax Energi which my wife hates.

If you want to stop by and give me your opinion on our new opinion on our GtI I would be interested to hear it.
What do you need an opinion on? I can if you need

Moore887

I brought the car back to the dealership to find out if the timing tensioner was the original one or one of the newer ones. They sent it to VW to determine this. It came back yesterday with a note saying that it was the original one
VW recommend that it gets replaced . I will email them tomorrow to see what cost is involved but the wife is already talking about getting a new one!

Moore887

I had the timing chain tensioner replaced last week at five Bar motorsport just off Daniels parkway behind Cracker Barrel. I was quite impressed with their service. They brought me in under the car and explained a couple of oil leaks. I think I will be taking my other cars there in future.

gliitch

Ready to race!
I had the timing chain tensioner replaced last week at five Bar motorsport just off Daniels parkway behind Cracker Barrel. I was quite impressed with their service. They brought me in under the car and explained a couple of oil leaks. I think I will be taking my other cars there in future.
Vap is the place to go. Avenue motorsports up in Port Charlotte is good too

Moore887

Went at the badly scratched headlights st the weekend with a meguiars kit. Made absolutely no difference. I probably should have used the more expensive 3m one. I've been looking around for replacement lamps. I would have thought with everyone upgrading to LED lights there would have been loads of cheap OEM lights on eBay. Not the case. How much I'd the dealer charging for new headlights does anyone know?