GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 died at light

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Strange things, driving car moderately stop at light. Go to take off realize no rpm and battery light. I tow it home and try to crank it starts right up. I have apr 2 , new tensioner and chain. Its a 2011 with 120k miles. I took it to my friend at the dealership( cel never came on) and they hooked it to pc ran log. Told me it went into limp mode because it was revved to 7500 rpm! I said no way!!! It runs solid with the exception of oil pressure light and a gnarly whine that wasnt present before. Tech told me the loud whine is the turbo dying, but why oil light?
He told me the pressure was fine but the light keeps beeping. I grounded the sensor wire as i have been driving 2 days and its fine it seems. Any advice? HALP!!!!

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
My stage II went into limp mode sometimes a while back, usually under acceleration though. There is a wiring harness in front of the intake manifold/throttle body and the wires leading to it are too short, so when the engine moves it shorts goes into limp mode. It was covered under a service bulletin for the mk v's, but a lot of mk vi's have he same issue. When I took it to the dealership instead of replacing the harness, Volkswagen wanted dealerships to modify whats there, which probably took twice as long, and they wanted to charge me $800 for it (cheap asses). My service tech was cool enough to pretty much give me a script for when I called vagusa, and after after some rather passive aggressive phone calls, I ended up only paying half. Still sucked though.

Here's a link to the Mk V TSB...

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/attach...5&d=1304102965

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
After my engine rebuild I got the oil pressure light that kept coming on at idle. The shop replaced the sensor and it didnt help, then they did the above and the light hasnt been on since.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Thanks for reply guys. I have to drive the car for work today as i have no choice. I grounded the wire so i dont have to hear it go off all day..

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ok, i checked the oil pressure and its extremely low at idle and rev. You can hear it starving when driving. Guess first thing is pull pan and check tube.? About to do that..then if tube isnt gunked i assume throw new oil pump in there..?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ok, so there are some alum shavings and a magnetic chunk in the oil pan...an ideas?? Wtf maybe previous owner put magnet in there. Car drives fine minus oil pressure. Clean the shit out clean pick up tube carry on?HALP!!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm no professional but I would say thats A LOT of metal shavings lol.

Did the guy check the cam bridge screen to see if that was blown out when they did the tensioner/chains?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I heard that the cam bridge screen can blow out (common problem from what I hear) and if you can't find the screen it can get stuck in places and prevent oil from moving around properly.

May not be the case but I heard oil starvation and thats the first thing I thought of.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
My buddy ran it and there was a "soft" code for cam position..
Car still runs fine, mine bottled...i just checked he said they always do cam bridge screen

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
yea man, you got me... I wouldn't know what else to check. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.