GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 VS Pontiac G6 GXP

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I have no video and I know its not as intertainer but still,

It was a roll from around 75 mph to 100 and I pulled him 4-5 cars in around 4 seconds.

The Pontiac was a beatiful black coupe.

Easy kill. It wasnt close.

Just for your info, The 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP is equipped with a 3.6 liter DOHC V-6 VVT engine that develops around 252 hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque.

I would say that a stage1 (with intake and more) could stand a chance but it would be VERY close.

:happyanim:

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
nope...not the cobalt...but also not a gxp, there is no such thing is was only a concept car 6 years ago and never went to production...its a gt with the ugliest spoiler known to man

not surprised with the results...but stage 1 wont really help that car much being that it is NA

FasDarken

Ready to race!
...its a gt with the ugliest spoiler known to man

yep nail on the head there, man that spoiler is ugly. Guy at work has one and wants to race me...his is however modified quite a bit.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
The GXP was made. I've seen many, many of them. It was a performance package offered for a couple years.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
C&D article

Notice what they say, though:

The GXP performs pretty well, going from 0 to 60 mph in 6.0 seconds and running the quarter-mile in 14.7 seconds at 96 mph. Braking was very good, with 70 mph to 0 taking just 158 feet. However, the all-season 225/50R-18 Goodyear Eagle LS2s only pulled 0.82 g on the skidpad. Our observed gas mileage was respectable at 23 mpg.

In real-world driving, we liked the engine and the smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddles. The rest of the car, though, is deeply average. The suspension reminds us of GM performance cars of yore: underdamped and too stiffly sprung. The result is a pogo-stick ride and so-so body control.

The most shocking thing, however, is the $30,915 sticker price. True, that’s fully equipped with the Street Edition body add-ons, a remote starter, an uplevel stereo, and a power sunroof, but we’d rather have a Subaru WRX or VW GTI for less money. Or if you happen to be in a Pontiac showroom, the base G8 GT drives better and costs about the same.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Honestly a stage 1 will take a GXP pretty easily. There's not really a big difference from a stage 1 and stage 2 gti...... Definitely not a 4-5 car length difference more like 1-2 if you're lucky. I raced another stage 2 gti in my area and he didn't pull away from me until after 100 and still he was maybe .5-1 car length ahead.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Honestly a stage 1 will take a GXP pretty easily. There's not really a big difference from a stage 1 and stage 2 gti...... Definitely not a 4-5 car length difference more like 1-2 if you're lucky. I raced another stage 2 gti in my area and he didn't pull away from me until after 100 and still he was maybe .5-1 car length ahead.

For the most cases, your right but;

Depend about that others mods that complet the stage2 I would say. Like Arin said, a stage1 with intake can be faster that a straight Stage2 with downpipe only. But a Full stage2 called stage2+ for most will rape any stage1, even more true with the new Apr stage2 v1.2, resived Unitronic stage2 and same for revo.

Even my O.Z ultraleggera weight with dunlops star spec help my traction. In second gear, I dont spin, It grabs and pull. What a big difference with my winter tires ! :)

Last edited:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
For the most cases, your right but;

Depend about that others mods that complet the stage2 I would say. Like Arin said, a stage1 with intake can be faster that a straight Stage2 with downpipe only. But a Full stage2 called stage2+ for most will rape any stage1, even more true with the new Apr stage2 v1.2, resived Unitronic stage2 and same for revo.

Even my O.Z ultraleggera weight with dunlops star spec help my traction. In second gear, I dont spin, It grabs and pull. What a big difference with my winter tires ! :)

About the Pontiac, its was a G6 GXP coupe, not a GT.

I said it was a GXP not a GT and as for your car you're not really a stage 2+ and I would bet your car is not much faster than a stage 1 than you make it seem. A stage 1 gti with just an intake will just as easily beat a GXP no problems. Not until you get a ko4 or bigger will the change in speed be as signifact as you make a stage2 from stage1 seem. Not trying to shit all over your race but a GXP is nothing special. Even a stage 2+ car compared to a stage1 car isn't as a big of a difference as compared to stock to stage1 maybe a stage2 to ko4 or bigger then I'll agree that the difference is that drastic. But to say a stage 1 car and GXP would be a "VERY" close race is laughable. From 75-100 a stage 1 gti should still take it easily probably 3 car lengths as opposed to your 4. And that is not a "very" close race and like I said before the difference between a stage1 and stage2 is about 1-1.5 car lengths. Just from what I've researched through the forums, the web, apr's website, personal experience, etc.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion