GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stephen8512's MK6 Golf R

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
You should have made the title grab a bottle of lotion an lock the door. Looks awesome in a 5dr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Heres some more pics...this was before the tint job. I had just washed it, clayed, waxed and polished it.

Nurburgring decal on the fuel filler cap

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
gorgeous!

yeah, a lot of guys are running 27mm rear sways and many don't run a front bar at all.

VWghost26

Ready to race!
damn.....just picked myself up after slipping in my drool. Hot ride. Nicely done.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
You could use some stiffer springs for better feel for the S2T pedals, i have seen it done! So no problems with the stalks i am assuming, awesome.

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Front and rear sway bars installed. Car is a joy around the corners now! So flat compared to before. When I get my KW V3 Coilovers in, suspension wise it'll be done.

Attended a VW/Audi Dyno day on the 16th April.

Power on the Golf R (STOCK EVERYTHING)

Power : 160.1kw @ 106KPH
dTorque : 290.6N.M @ 54KPH

Power curve was REALLY linear and consistant, as was the AFR.

I was aiming for 150kw. Anything above that was a bonus. Pretty happy taking out most powerful stock Golf R!

Going to be getting the GIAC Stage 1 ECU reflash done. This should bring power at all 4 to approx 180kw. There was another Golf R with no mods except just a stage 1 and he put out 179.2kw.

Ultimately aiming to have about 220kw at all 4's.... Already have the APR fuel pump and FMIC already sitting in my room. Just need RS4 fuel rail, turboback exhaust, a GIAC Extreme tune and possibly DSG Stage 2 flash.

Why not APR? Because I had APR on my old car and want to try something different. Plus, APR isn't as cheap as it is over there in the States. (a Stage 1 ECU reflash from APR costs $1500.00 AUD, which, considering the AUD is now stronger than the USD, is about 1500.00 USD as well! redonkulus)

stephen8512

Ready to race!
So tomorrow i'll be visiting arthur @ exoticars to get my GIAC stage 1 flash done. Can't wait. Yes, I know I said I'd do coilovers and finish off suspension first.

I promise that is the absolute next thing on my list. Then, VWR engine mounts and HPA torque arm insert and suspension wise it will be done.

Anyway, I dropped some of my interior bits and pieces off to my panelbeater last week. Unfortunately they werent ready by the carpark meet. In keeping with the whole "white/black" thing I got going on with my R, if you look inside, there are Gloss Black parts already on the R. So I decided to keep that theme going on the inside. I picked up the parts today and here's the result.

All the parts laid out (can't see the gloss black very well)

DSG Shifter

Centre and L+R a/c vents

Head Unit surround

Ashtray + ashtray lid (P.S Thanks to Justin for writing up that DIY on how to remove this!)

Climate control surround

Got this coming in hopefully by the end of the week. Sprintbooster.

OH and I also received this. Gonna be going on the car next weekend.

Carbon Fibre replacment mirror covers.

Gonna be installing them tomorrow morning before heading over to Arthur. GIAC Stage 1 should be nice. Will give a report on it afterwards.