GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stereo system shops in South Florida

chino246

Ready to race!
Does anyone know of good custom stereo shops in south Florida? I want to upgrade my gti base stereo system with a custom subwoofer box that won't take up to much space in the car as well as get some upgraded speakers inside. I live in Miami. Thanks

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
I had a great experience with a shop in palm beach. They built a custom box for a 13" JL in the spare tire well for my buddies Tiguan. Total stealth mode, unless you flipped up the trunk mat. Ask The Advisors in WPB. Thats all they do is Audio! Pricey... but you get what you paid for, quality. They installed my JLStealthbox and did my HU and door speakers as well. Highly recommended.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
There is a place in Hollywood called Audiologic, phenominal work done there. I've seen them do something as simple as a head unit swap and things as crazy as custom fiberglass enclosures filling the beds of pickups. One of the guys there drives a mk5 with tons of work done to it and really knows everything there is to know about these cars. They are on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and 441, the shop doesnt look like much on the outside but inside its beautiful.

chino246

Ready to race!
I will look into these, Thanks guys. I am looking to doing either a stealthbox in the spare wheel area or making a small fiberglass enclosure.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Please report back with any information.

Also, are any of these selling high quality high end amps like TRU or Macintosh?

jbrown

I had a great experience with a shop in palm beach. They built a custom box for a 13" JL in the spare tire well for my buddies Tiguan. Total stealth mode, unless you flipped up the trunk mat. Ask The Advisors in WPB. Thats all they do is Audio! Pricey... but you get what you paid for, quality. They installed my JLStealthbox and did my HU and door speakers as well. Highly recommended.
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but thanks for the kind words. I work in the Custom Home A/V department there. Glad you had a good experience, I'll pass it along.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Thanks for the bump, I'm also looking into getting a sub for my car. Andy, did you end up going with anyone?

jbrown

Thanks for the bump, I'm also looking into getting a sub for my car. Andy, did you end up going with anyone?
I'm waffling between the JL Stealthbox and the Uber Stealth. I like the idea of the Uber Stealth taking up zero space even though I know there will be a performance compromise. The problem is that none of the subs we sell will fit in the specified depth. I might just have Tom build me something custom, but that'll be a bit pricey. I'd like to hear a car with an Uber box before I decide.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Those are pricy. I really would not want to spend more than 300 installed. I know, cheap.

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
DO NOT go to audio creations in boca, worst customer service on gods green earth.

Audio Logic in Ft.lauderdale/pembroke pines is fantastic

jbrown

Those are pricy. I really would not want to spend more than 300 installed. I know, cheap.
Wow, $300 for a sub, enclosure, amp, wiring and install? That will make it tough to find good stuff unless you find a deal on something used.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
I'm waffling between the JL Stealthbox and the Uber Stealth. I like the idea of the Uber Stealth taking up zero space even though I know there will be a performance compromise. The problem is that none of the subs we sell will fit in the specified depth. I might just have Tom build me something custom, but that'll be a bit pricey. I'd like to hear a car with an Uber box before I decide.

I'm due to re-install my setup soon (traded in my 2010 GTI for a 2012 and took everything out). I'll let ya know when that happens and you can hear my JL stealthbox. I'm just waiting for a good time to buy a JL 900/5, so they can hide it in the foam under the floor (i hated having 2 amps on the back seats).

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Wow, $300 for a sub, enclosure, amp, wiring and install? That will make it tough to find good stuff unless you find a deal on something used.
I just want the sub + install (possibly). Something simple :)