GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sticker for a Dent

The_Cutest_Hatch

Just got my GTI last week, first time owner.

I knew about this dent from the dealership, and they tried to pull it out. There is still a dent there, but not as bad as was before.

Not noticeable in this photo, but the circle indicates location and size of the dent. Its not a caved in area anymore, just ripply-like.

I can't get body work yet. So I was thinking of a sticker/magnet that would be fun for that area (and hopefully allow me to not think of the dent). Looking for suggestions on brand and image for the sticker/magnet that are fun and hopefully quality enough to not ruin the paint/body.

Also, if you are in the central CT area, let me know of any body-shops that you have had good luck with! I'm originally from Central NY, and in the past have not had good experiences with body work... so I'm scared to take her in to the auto-body doctor.

Also, I'm a lady... so I'm not interested in female silhouette stickers...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
A bandaid for your booboo

The_Cutest_Hatch

The detail of the dent area:

Just under the light and just over the edge of the body crease of the hatch. Tried to mess with the lighting in Photoshop to bring out the area better.

The_Cutest_Hatch

Can you take a closer photo?

Also thumbs up for having a manual trans

Yeah, I have fallen in love with manual driving.

I test drove the Ford ST, Abarth, and the GTI in deciding which one suited me best. Each one had a series of situations that I had to see how it handled in.
- Quick start with a little tire squeal
- Rolling start, see how much the torque contributed (I love torque)
- Sweeping turns and little jerking turns
- Heavy breaking stops and quick stops
- Heal-toe downshiftig
Some other ones...
My husband was quite impressed that I had become such a good driver to get into a new manual vehicle and make them all do the same thing... I had fun.

The_Cutest_Hatch

Thanks for that info.

Governor's Auto Body is the only body shop I've dealt with my area... and their quality was very disappointing.

They worked on my Subaru Forester, when someone hit my headlight and bumper. New light and new bumper, work through insurance. Paint was bubbling on the new bumper within a couple of months. They then didn't want to redo the work for me. I argued with them, and they did the work but in one day: so that all the previous paint wasn't removed and around the edges and underneath I could see outlines of 2 coats...

So I'll look into the other shops on that list!

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Find a good PDR guy. Those guys can do magic. I bet that could be taken out with no trip to the body shop needed. It is worth a try.

PDR = paintless dent removal.....

zrickety

The Fixer
You could put a 2.0 there or whatever. I did that on mine but the left side, hides it well.