GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Noodle1

Ready to race!
How many revisions do i get with the maf refinement, I only had 1 tune revision and they are telling me I need to buy something else if I want to have more refinement or revisions

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The maf calibration is the only thing that comes with it. For $50 you can buy datalog refinement. They'll increase the timing for a little bump in power, but it won't be a big difference. I bought it with mine and they 1 did revision that had both the maf calibration and the datalog refinement. I got new logs with the new tune and emailed them to strat and they said everything looked good so that was it.

Brooksumw89

3rd gear graph.jpg

Trying to upload my virtual dyno graph from today. Finally stratified tuned and it feels good. Any guesses as to why the torque kinda dips and comes back up? DSG limiter/traction issues?

kahugu.brian

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I’m getting the same thing on WOT where there is a slight hiccup or hesitation as the revs climb. Not sure what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
View attachment 57809

Trying to upload my virtual dyno graph from today. Finally stratified tuned and it feels good. Any guesses as to why the torque kinda dips and comes back up? DSG limiter/traction issues?

I think I’m getting the same thing on WOT where there is a slight hiccup or hesitation as the revs climb. Not sure what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you logged timing correction? Maybe pulling a tiny bit of timing?

Brooksumw89

Yeah in 3rd gear for this pull I only saw cylinder 4 with knock correction of -1.5. This morning I did a 4th gear pull to around 5300 and saw up to -3 knock retard in all 4 cylinders. Same gas as before. My idle is now kinda low as well. I replaced spark plugs and r8 coils with tune install on Saturday. I sent Stratified an email about the idle. Not sure if I need a datalog refinement.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah in 3rd gear for this pull I only saw cylinder 4 with knock correction of -1.5. This morning I did a 4th gear pull to around 5300 and saw up to -3 knock retard in all 4 cylinders. Same gas as before. My idle is now kinda low as well. I replaced spark plugs and r8 coils with tune install on Saturday. I sent Stratified an email about the idle. Not sure if I need a datalog refinement.

youre good. aslong as it doesnt go past -3.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
If anyone cares, I had my HPA k04 installed 2 months ago.

I am on my 6th pro-tune iteration and i couldnt be happier. Car pulls very strong and consistent. I will probably dyno it once done and then add my meth kit. Alex says I should be around 300whp so well see once done.

Brooksumw89

Nice. I had thought about KO4 for the future. I guess I'll wait and see what Alex says about the knock retard/low idle and if I need to send logs for refinement.

Brooksumw89

So I added .95 gallons of e85 to my full tank of 93. 3rd gear log showed no knock at all. Question is
. I made 10-15hp and torque less. Slightly more humid today though on same stretch of road. Do I need to be tuned for say e16-20 or so to reap the benefits plus knock protection?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So I added .95 gallons of e85 to my full tank of 93. 3rd gear log showed no knock at all. Question is
. I made 10-15hp and torque less. Slightly more humid today though on same stretch of road. Do I need to be tuned for say e16-20 or so to reap the benefits plus knock protection?
cant compare days especially on V-Dyno. Its all guesstimates...
Even a regular dyno you cant compare one day to the next... everything factors into it... Temp, Humidity, Time between pull, how warm/cold the engine is before each pull.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Definitely recommend getting tuned if running more than 10% ethanol. By adding more ethanol the car is going to run lean because the stoich point is still set for pump gas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Definitely recommend getting tuned if running more than 10% ethanol. By adding more ethanol the car is going to run lean because the stoich point is still set for pump gas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk
the gas tank is 14.5 gallons... adding .95 galons is about 6.5% of the thank.

Brooksumw89

I added the small amount per stratified's original flash suggestion to test if the -3 knock was gas quality. It eliminated the knock entirely. Is that small amount safe to run without a re-tune?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I added the small amount per stratified's original flash suggestion to test if the -3 knock was gas quality. It eliminated the knock entirely. Is that small amount safe to run without a re-tune?
imo yes. i know a few people who add just about 1 gallon to their car on fill ups.