GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Did some dyno logs to see what would happen. Holy shit it looks strange in Virtual Dyno hahaha. I'll get a pic of it later, apparently my 4th gear pull saw like 500 ft lbs hahaha

You can't use logs from a dyno in virtual dyno because you are accelerating the dyno rollers and NOT the car. Virtual dyno relies on the acceleration rate (RPM) and the vehicle weight, gearing, and aerodynamics.

Laimface

Ready to race!
You can't use logs from a dyno in virtual dyno because you are accelerating the dyno rollers and NOT the car. Virtual dyno relies on the acceleration rate (RPM) and the vehicle weight, gearing, and aerodynamics.

True that! totally different loading. Was funny to see what would get generated though:

Laimface

Ready to race!
As for VD as an estimation, it was 1 tq and 11 hp off. That's close enough for a free software in my books. This may even be down to doing the road pull the day after the dyno run.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
How hot outside was it Laim? Just curious.

jeez

Ready to race!
Yea 13 C is relatively cool. Nice curve though. 250 from 4k to redline.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The above plot was generated from a log which recorded the ambient temperature to be 13 °C

Ahh, I barely get those kind of temps around here lol

The logs I posted from vdyno with 242hp/289 tq were done when it was about 95F.

Do you think it'd be realistic to expect numbers closer to yours with much cooler air? It'll be a few more months before I can see for myself.

Laimface

Ready to race!

Do you think it'd be realistic to expect numbers closer to yours with much cooler air? It'll be a few more months before I can see for myself.

One of the benefits of the Isle of Man lol. Sea level and fairly good air temps. Not to mention the best roads are de-restricted too :D

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
One of the benefits of the Isle of Man lol. Sea level and fairly good air temps. Not to mention the best roads are de-restricted too :D

I'm at sea level, but it's always so damn hot lol

I bet it's 85+ for 2/3rds of the year...and humid too. Today the high was 99 and there was no wind at all. All you have to do is stand outside for a minute and you'll start sweating.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

i got the same thing you did with my logs.

Around 94F degrees sea level 240whp and 280wtq. (V-Dyno)
Humidity was probably like 89% that day.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Answer your FRIGGIN PM Alex! I'm getting excited! Monday's the day! Well Monday and some of Tuesday probably.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
Answer your FRIGGIN PM Alex! I'm getting excited! Monday's the day! Well Monday and some of Tuesday probably.

If you're desperate just call them lol

UberFast

Ready to race!
Lol no I'm not desperate. Just giving Alex a hard time. I was just going to ask him if I should go ahead and buy the protune so when I get done with the install I can go ahead and flash the base tune, or wait to buy it until after I install. I'll probly give them a call Monday morning.

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered a tune and waiting for the mod form to come in so I can fill it out.

I hope you guys get a DSG tune going soon so I can flash remotely from my accessport!