GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Gino

Ready to race!
How is it going for those still venturing through the tuning process? We are finally making our way into tuning for meth injection. One thing to note, Alex did make a comment that I am experiencing "fuel pressure dip in the higher RPMs". The suggestion being that the low pressure side, either filter or pump might be the problem. Either the filter is clogged or the low pressure fuel pump is struggling a little bit. Thinking I might go the route of replacing the fuel filter but is has less than 20K miles on it. I had planned to replace at 100K miles which is less than 5K away.

UberFast

Ready to race!
How is it going for those still venturing through the tuning process? We are finally making our way into tuning for meth injection. One thing to note, Alex did make a comment that I am experiencing "fuel pressure dip in the higher RPMs". The suggestion being that the low pressure side, either filter or pump might be the problem. Either the filter is clogged or the low pressure fuel pump is struggling a little bit. Thinking I might go the route of replacing the fuel filter but is has less than 20K miles on it. I had planned to replace at 100K miles which is less than 5K away.
Almost done with my tune. My advice is follow any suggestions that Alex gives you. He knows his stuff. I ended replacing the filter, lpfp and my injectors before getting my fueling sorted out. I have 100k on my car now as well. My STFT's are still higher than they should be but I don't think it's a tuning issue. The car runs great on Alex's tune. Only issue is a recurring overboost while shifting under load. I believe there might be something up with either my n75 or the hoses running from it to the wastegate actuator though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!

I've been having an issue where the car goes into limp mode under load. Someone else on here has or had it too. Started having it after an updated tune, it has since improved but it does happen. I might change my intake just to troubleshoot, there might be a leak even though I've pressure tested the car. Also the car shakes a little more than normal when in reverse or when starting from a stop. I will change coils and spark plugs and see if that helps. Other than that the car drives fine.

11gti718

Ready to race!
I've been having an issue where the car goes into limp mode under load. Someone else on here has or had it too. Started having it after an updated tune, it has since improved but it does happen. I might change my intake just to troubleshoot, there might be a leak even though I've pressure tested the car. Also the car shakes a little more than normal when in reverse or when starting from a stop. I will change coils and spark plugs and see if that helps. Other than that the car drives fine.

when your car goes into limp mode; does it throw any code ?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

I'm currently trying to run the 1.00 tune I got from them and go into limp mode at low rpms in 2nd gear (DSG). Just sent a log to my tuner. I'm thinking it's because of the Forge WGA I have installed and the tune not taking well to it. But to be honest I have no clue. I can drive around on the Cobb's Stage 2 Stock Maf 93 map without getting limp mode. But in all gears there is hesitation at low rpms. In first gear AP will show ~10-11psi, and the you'll hear the car let off and drop a few psi and then accelerate normal. :iono:
Overboosting like hell on that tune though, hitting 23psi without much effort. No WOT pulls for me.

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
I've been having an issue where the car goes into limp mode under load. Someone else on here has or had it too.

That'll me be. I'd throw an overboost (sounds nasty, turbo screams) and max out the gauge between 3 and 4k RPM when part throttle accelerating.

problem seems to have gone mostly. Only happens when traction control kicks in, which must close the throttle plate and cause a massive blockage in the system causing a shit load of overspeed in the turbine.

jeez

Ready to race!
No it was someone else ha ha. So my car also makes a mini supercharger sound when boosting which would indicate some kind of air leak but I've tested it twice and the shop swears no leak is there. That's why I want to change the intake.

Code I threw was 0606 ECM/PCM processor if I remember correctly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
No it was someone else ha ha. So my car also makes a mini supercharger sound when boosting which would indicate some kind of air leak but I've tested it twice and the shop swears no leak is there. That's why I want to change the intake.

Code I threw was 0606 ECM/PCM processor if I remember correctly.

That's the same code I'm getting. I know my ecu is good though, runs other tunes without limp mode. It's almost like that tune specifically makes the ecu kill itself. I've also been leak tested more than once. Maybe I'll try cleaning my MAF? Tuner keeps insisting I give him logs from that tune, even though I can't.

jeez

Ready to race!
So, I can give logs from the "bad" tunes. It doesn't happen every single time I step on it. In the latest tune, it happened once in 240 miles of driving.

Plus it's probably better if you give them a log with limp mode happening cause that's like a smoking gun for them to troubleshoot. It's just hard to reproduce for me.

I find solace in the fact that it's not just my car, so it's the tune. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I sent them a log of it entering limp mode. They wanted that log and a the MAF log. But I emailed them and said I can't because it goes into limp mode practically every time I try to go past 2nd gear. No way I can get the 40mi of adaptation currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
I had the 0606 code as well one time but it was corrected by Alex. He changed something with the maf. Scaled it the wrong way or something. Haven't had it since.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Ok I'm glad it was fixed. Almost had a heart attack when the AP showed the ECM/PCM code. Figured it was a fluke though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
I had the 0606 code as well one time but it was corrected by Alex. He changed something with the maf. Scaled it the wrong way or something. Haven't had it since.

The issue I had when at part throttle with WGDC at about 35% or more, with truly steady throttle, I had boost fluctuations which shouldn't be there, like getting on and off the throttle on my own, only I wasn't. Not sure if that has to do with the MAF. But it's since been fixed.

Last edited: