GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof controls

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
This is a personal preference thing, so I suppose I'll get a lot of "but why bother?" To which I reply right now by saying "Because Racecar."
Allrighty, with that out of the way, my previous car was a MKV GTI. One thing I really miss is the different sunroof dial that was on it. The knob they switched to on the MKVI looks terrible IMO.
I was wondering if there it any way to swap out this piece to the older dial? I THINK they are the same with the exception of the dial/knob. However, i am unsure. If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate some info.
Otherwise, does anyone have info on what can definitely be swapped in ?

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
From somewhere else on the forums:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I don't mind the knob. Since it has an indent where the the closed slot is, I don't have to look at it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I think that knob looks like a dial of a 90 stove. :D

I like the new one, more modern, chrome trimmed, nice.

But it's just a knob, it will depend on the size and the splines. You need to get a look at the splines on the MKV one and compare to the splines on the MKVI.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The closed position is notched different so you know when its in the closed position. Pay attention to the "clicks" the next time. The closed position is different than the rest.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
The closed position is notched different so you know when its in the closed position. Pay attention to the "clicks" the next time. The closed position is different than the rest.

Oh I know what you mean, I thought you meant some kind of visible indent. That heavier click is a nice little indicator though :thumbsup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, keeps you from having to look up to close the roof properly.