GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SW Florida 10 CW

11shadowblue

Hey are you in the fort myers/naples area? I definatly saw you at a red light a few nights ago. I have a shadow blue gti and may or may not have flashed my high beams, i cant remember. Anyway nice car dude.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Hey are you in the fort myers/naples area? I definatly saw you at a red light a few nights ago. I have a shadow blue gti and may or may not have flashed my high beams, i cant remember. Anyway nice car dude.

Hay, yep was probably heading to Ritz for pics, but was a bust. Do you hang out with any VW guys?

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Loving all the shaved pieces of the car, was just curious. What don't you like about your current Front End? I think yours is nice the way it is, the only thing that throws it off is the Rieger Kit IMO because it's bulky. =( I think the OEM lip would keep it very clean.

Mind PM'ing an estimate on shaving the front markers, and washer banks, as well as rear deflectors? =D

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Thanks dude. Just sold thr Reiger. I like it fine. Just try a new look for a while. Always playing with ideas.

My guess on doing on doing shave work you mentioned is 1500-2000. Maybe less if you are not doing as much as I did. But bodywork ranges alot. Really shop for quality guy with experience in custom work and is not going to rush it/treat it like insurance/collision work. I think all shops have to do collision to psy the bills(just not enough custom work oit there), but try and get somebody with passion for custom. Insist on seing examples of their work. Once you find that, Pay what he wants, and wotk with him through out. Dont try to save a few bucks here.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Thanks dude. Just sold thr Reiger. I like it fine. Just try a new look for a while. Always playing with ideas.

My guess on doing on doing shave work you mentioned is 1500-2000. Maybe less if you are not doing as much as I did. But bodywork ranges alot. Really shop for quality guy with experience in custom work and is not going to rush it/treat it like insurance/collision work. I think all shops have to do collision to psy the bills(just not enough custom work oit there), but try and get somebody with passion for custom. Insist on seing examples of their work. Once you find that, Pay what he wants, and wotk with him through out. Dont try to save a few bucks here.

Yeah I dunno. I was thinking of shaving everything, but I might keep my Oreo cookie theme. ;) haha. I have smoked rear deflectors and front markers. Ugh tough choice. Like I said though. Loving your build. :) gogo stage 3+

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
The other on shaving, is make sure the shop knows the right way to do plastic work. If you are just talking bumpers, its all plastic, no metal work. If they just fill the plastic voids, you will get filler shrinkage over time and be able to see shadows of the original cutouts. If you here filler, run. The rear reflector is a pretty deep cutout, so to smooth, they should be cutting out the whole area and plastic welding a new piece in. Sounds like you just want the bumpers, so search for somebody who knows plastic work.

Yeah, I hear ya on the turbo. Just lined a good deal for me, so coming soon!

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Some more night shots by my friend John O'Neill(OJ-Photography.com)

Car was dropped at Paint shop today to get Reiger front removed.

michal

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Great pics.:thumbup: I like the color of the wheels in the first one. I wanted powder coat my VMR's copper/bronze but I was told they can not make the color I wanted (pic below) and I ended up with hyper black.
Sorry for posting a pic in your thread.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Great pics.:thumbup: I like the color of the wheels in the first one. I wanted powder coat my VMR's copper/bronze but I was told they can not make the color I wanted (pic below) and I ended up with hyper black.
Sorry for posting a pic in your thread.

Thanks. I have seen that pic before somewhere. With bronze, its hard. The lighting of the pic and in person makes a big difference. On overcast days my wheels look very dark, but in the sun, you pick up all sorts of color. I am sure VMR could have done this same color, they probably were saying, you have tell them what is, because you cant guess from pics. Mine are for sale btw.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
New Projects

Minor updates-

Working on getting my engine plastics redone from the previous DIY job. Hired a pro to do a combination of Hydro Graphics and some airbrush. Will post pics once it is all done.

Front end redo. Car is back in body shop right now. Reiger lip was removed. I have a couple orders in for some new front pieces. Couple of different looks. Will try them both out and see how they look.

Wheels. Working on some new wheels. Not much to say for now, but will post pics once it is all finalized.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Minor updates-

Working on getting my engine plastics redone from the previous DIY job. Hired a pro to do a combination of Hydro Graphics and some airbrush. Will post pics once it is all done.

Front end redo. Car is back in body shop right now. Reiger lip was removed. I have a couple orders in for some new front pieces. Couple of different looks. Will try them both out and see how they look.

Wheels. Working on some new wheels. Not much to say for now, but will post pics once it is all finalized.

You are trying out "a couple of different looks?" You and Plac are men among men when it comes to mods! :clap::party0038: