GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser Alert- Coming Soon-APR's Mobile Switching Application!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killfish

Ready to race!
bumpy bump

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
i loved my 2005 WRX. kept it prob a year. the stage 2 was way faster than this stage 2 gti ever was. and i loved the stereo which was very easy to upgrade. best stereo system i ever owned was in that subaru. (not stock, but upgraded to a full system with Tru Technology/Sinfoni/McIntosh amps tested)

Seriously?

Let me ask you something. Are you still stock plac? Every time I read one of your posts your going back and forth with the simplest of mods and obsessing over DP configurations and intakes.

In another thread you were worried about finding an intake with stage 2 power but stock sound. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose and the fun?

Its like the ppl on here that obsess about going halfway or all the way with a certain mod. Its like do it already or just leave it alone.

I've whipped a few wrx's dude. I don't know why you don't let your GTI actually see any of its potential. With the way your modding no wonder your Wrx was faster. Lesson learned I guess. Just a like all the other tools on here that say wow I shoulda kept the stock catback...its too loud now. Gimmie a break. Gives every VW owner a bad name. Ppl nitpicking over every mod, bitching about there car, wasting time going back and forth. I'm not just referring to this post but many others previous to this over the past months where I just kept my mouth shut.

Honestly its nothing personal but I just don't get it. I don't care if I get flamed because it needed to be said.

Wrx waaaay faster lmao.

Evan@APR

Banned
no one said anything about on the fly. you stop, pull over, change to stage 2, then racecar.

but they can't do it, and its been said forever. you either have stage 1 or stage 2, not both. thats where VW fails next to Subaru. having that work would remove one of the only complaints i have about VW ownership. More important to me than anyone here given the amount of downpipes I work with. thats the main reason i think about a WRX sometimes. fuck the interior.. power and adjustability is important too.

To be clear, during this short pit-stop you'll also be changing your downpipe correct? :)

killfish

Ready to race!
Seriously?

Let me ask you something. Are you still stock plac? Every time I read one of your posts your going back and forth with the simplest of mods and obsessing over DP configurations and intakes.

In another thread you were worried about finding an intake with stage 2 power but stock sound. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose and the fun?

Its like the ppl on here that obsess about going halfway or all the way with a certain mod. Its like do it already or just leave it alone.

I've whipped a few wrx's dude. I don't know why you don't let your GTI actually see any of its potential. With the way your modding no wonder your Wrx was faster. Lesson learned I guess. Just a like all the other tools on here that say wow I shoulda kept the stock catback...its too loud now. Gimmie a break. Gives every VW owner a bad name. Ppl nitpicking over every mod, bitching about there car, wasting time going back and forth. I'm not just referring to this post but many others previous to this over the past months where I just kept my mouth shut.

Honestly its nothing personal but I just don't get it. I don't care if I get flamed because it needed to be said.

Wrx waaaay faster lmao.

heh, wow dude. I just wanted an update on the mobile app :)

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
haha... im sorry lol. Just couldn't take it anymore. I will bow out and get slammed. As I said I really don't care. I've just been reading things similar to what I referenced and it pisses me off to no end. It just so happened it took almost a year before it boiled over.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
To be clear, during this short pit-stop you'll also be changing your downpipe correct? :)

honestly he probably will. He's done it a billion times....and if he can't he'll just buy another WRX.

Hopefully.

So he can switch forums and I don't have to hear about it anymore....well that and downpipes and stage 1 and stage this and that.

ok no im done.....sorry its just too easy. sorry to apr for thread jacking but im sure im not the only guilty party on here... hint hint.

killfish

Ready to race!

But seriously, Plac has a specific goal that probably won't align with most ppls goals on this forum. To each his own though - it's all good :)

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I here ya.....and it def doesn't align with anything I can ever wrap my brain around........ever......but at some point you gotta call bs on some things. Other than that if he wants to go on and on about stage 1 and d pipes and wrx's ......f#ck it. Its a one time thing that I'm commenting on it but like I said it had to be done. Not like it'll make a damn difference but Its kinda my swan song to all that bs.

To each his own but I'd really wish he would just mod that poor bastard and enjoy it.
and I mean that.

Thanks for helping with my therapy on this....lol. Hope that K04 is treating you well.....btw I recommend the BSH mounts....all of them....per your sig. I got them and they are sweet. Star specs for tires too if you care....great in the rain as well.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Seriously?

Wrx waaaay faster lmao.
well said fellow marylander. :thumbsup:

killfish

Ready to race!
hey, no prob, I charge $100 an hour so just paypal me anytime! As for the mounts I decided to go with BFI (engine and tranny anyways, I'll probably just get a torque mount insert instead of the whole pendulum). I'm not sure about tires yet, but I was leaning towards some contis - I'll take a a look into the star specs. cheers.

P.s. Any update on this mobile app? :)

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I here ya.....and it def doesn't align with anything I can ever wrap my brain around........ever......but at some point you gotta call bs on some things. Other than that if he wants to go on and on about stage 1 and d pipes and wrx's ......f#ck it. Its a one time thing that I'm commenting on it but like I said it had to be done. Not like it'll make a damn difference but Its kinda my swan song to all that bs.

To each his own but I'd really wish he would just mod that poor bastard and enjoy it.
and I mean that.

Thanks for helping with my therapy on this....lol. Hope that K04 is treating you well.....btw I recommend the BSH mounts....all of them....per your sig. I got them and they are sweet. Star specs for tires too if you care....great in the rain as well.

I have the same feelings on the matter. Hell I would have thought by now that he would've gone K04 with the stock downpipe, more power without an increase in sound (and probably the same amount of money he has spent on all the downpipes/intakes.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have the same feelings on the matter. Hell I would have thought by now that he would've gone K04 with the stock downpipe, more power without an increase in sound (and probably the same amount of money he has spent on all the downpipes/intakes.

haha thanks. And you know what.....as far as I can tell....he's a likeable guy and a great member on the forums but my brain just finally exploded today.

Hey he can always just get an exhaust cutout. Quiet....loud....rinse and repeat. Loud for track when you need it.

I'm actually getting one made right now since no one else has....just for fun....nothing else.....will make more power when open only on k04 or bigger though.

@ KILLFISH

The BFI mounts were my first choice originally. To be honest. They are great mounts and your cannot go wrong with them. I actually have the BFI insert with the BSH pendulum. Get the Pendulum. Its worth it because the weakest point is the stamped piece that it replaces. The stock trans mount is the weakest and when/if it breaks. Your motor goes and pokes a hole in your radiator. Nothing to freak out about but I'm referencing the 3 inch black section of the stock trans mount. If you want extreme summer tires....Star Specs or even the new Hankook RS3. The Dunlops just grab violently with mounts done. You can hear and feel them fighting like drunken midget demons.

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
thanks for your input. asshole..

for someone who dishes it out on a regular basis u sure have a thin skin...

Status
Not open for further replies.