GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Chisel's 2010 GTI 2dr 6MT Black Pearl Metallic

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Finished up my emblem blackout yesterday and did the rear inlay. Love it! :cool:

Attachments

• 9A981E84-A204-4823-94BA-F2C3E0BD8555.jpeg
    9A981E84-A204-4823-94BA-F2C3E0BD8555.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • 61C0B1D1-459D-4A7C-99CB-19F6D853A05B.jpeg
    61C0B1D1-459D-4A7C-99CB-19F6D853A05B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • 48B554E6-7531-4C54-8AD9-6E25DC80AB90.jpeg
    48B554E6-7531-4C54-8AD9-6E25DC80AB90.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121

torga

Autocross Champion
Looking good! I need to refresh my rear inlay. I put in a Klii inlay about two years ago and it has started to peel. This time I got one of their underlays and I'll apply it underneath the emblem. Try peeling now, ya sumbitch!

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I thought about that but I didn’t feel confident in my ability to take apart the factory emblem, especially after the front one broke while trying to remove it.

torga

Autocross Champion
I thought about that but I didn’t feel confident in my ability to take apart the factory emblem, especially after the front one broke while trying to remove it.
The front one is a huge bitch to take out in one piece, nearly impossible. The back one is night and day easier.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The front one is a huge bitch to take out in one piece, nearly impossible. The back one is night and day easier.

😞 Broke my back one the first time I did it. lol

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
This past weekend I installed my yellow fog light bulbs. They are an H11 bulb base tab trimmed to fit the H8 housing. 55w vs 35w. They work really great and I'm pleased with the result. Photo comparison with locked settings, looking toward the passenger side from inside the car.
IMG_8020.JPG

IMG_8021.JPG

IMG_8023.JPG

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Just got my car back from the shop after having the whole timing chain assy. replaced, intake manifold update, new injectors, and carbon cleaning done. Runs a lot smoother now, especially on cold starts. I wasn't getting bad mileage before (avg 29mpg), so I'm interested in seeing how much it improves with this work being done. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_8515.JPG
    IMG_8515.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 100

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Two weeks after the work has been performed and I'm noticing an increase in fuel mileage. A few extra mpgs average on daily trips and an overall lifetime mpg average increase of almost 1 whole mpg. I'm still feeling a little idle stutter now and then, but it's way better than it was. It's getting warm out now that summer weather is pretty much here (highs of mid 80'sF) so hopefully that will help even more.

My favorite though, is how smooth and strong it pulls now. I can't wait to get some mods done.

Another note: I had new tires installed last weekend (General G-Max AS05 225/40/18) and the shop messed of all of my nearly perfect Detroit wheels... :mad: I'm taking it back after work today because they offered to fix them. I don't really trust them, but we'll see how that goes...

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I've now had Percy for a year! (Yes, I named it Percy)
It's my daily and I live in Houston so I've unfortunately put 20,000 miles on it so far! :oops:

Rundown on work done so far (not necessarily in chrono order):
4 oil changes and it's about due for another. I always use Liquimoly.
Timing chain/tensioner replaced
Intake manifold replaced/ carbon cleaning performed
New injectors
New NKG plugs
New Bosch red coil packs
PVC diaphragm from RKXtech
APR carbon airbox/filter installed
Water pump replaced (all metal Graf)
New headliner
New rear Bilstein B4 shocks installed
New General GMax tires (225/40/18)
Vosla high output H7 headlamp bulbs/high output yellow fog bulbs installed
TTRS lca bushings installed

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Congrats! On this note tho was the tensioner already replaced?
The stock tensioner on these cars can go out at any mileage and chain stretch.
Only sure fire way to know youre good is if it was replaced with an updated version.
I know this is not a timely post but have to comment. And see you have replaced it ..... whew.

For others.

I strongly agree with NewGuy1. get the timing chain stuff out of the way as these motors can devour themselves. At 96K miles, I would do it now if I had bought this car. Consider it insurance and like insurance you can't buy it after the wreck. And welcome to forum and great looking car.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I know this is not a timely post but have to comment. And see you have replaced it ..... whew.

For others.

I strongly agree with NewGuy1. get the timing chain stuff out of the way as these motors can devour themselves. At 96K miles, I would do it now if I had bought this car. Consider it insurance and like insurance you can't buy it after the wreck. And welcome to forum and great looking car.
Thank you. Yes, I had it done as soon as I could at about 104k.